My best firewood tool innovation yet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked Uline, but nothing that tall. How about a picture?

The sticker is missing so not sure who makes this (china I imagine).
I also too the cart wheels off as they get in the way for picking up lumps of wood.... I have better carts for those needs. You can see the stands for those wheels.
48594532907_1730146116_c.jpg

That's what I'm talking about, backhoe with a thumb on the digger and a bucket to load it up in, that's the way I do it now. Years ago when I was doing forestry work and ran a Bulldozer with a clearing blade with a stinger on it firewood was easy to come by. When I saw a tree that I wanted for firewood I would drive the stinger through the tree, lift the blade up splitting the tree, back up and drive it through again and again till it was split up good. Then I would hit it with the cutter part of the blade and cut it off. All I had to do at that point is saw the wood up because it was already split and ready for the fireplace or Stove. No maul or firewood splitter required.

The sticker is missing so not sure who makes this (china I imagine).
I also too the cart wheels off as they get in the way for picking up lumps of wood.... I have better carts for those needs. You can see the stands for those wheels.
48594532907_1730146116_c.jpg

I have had mine for over 30 years. Can't count the number of times it has been used to help me move. Sits idle for years and then it is invaluable. Sure came in handy this year, and will each year for many many more years. There's better out there, but this works.

I'd like to have one of those. Need to get a good trade-in value for the dolly to make it happen.

It digs really well also, a great all around useful tool coupled with my Ford dump truck its moved a lot of firewood. We are still cutting off building lots, got 5 - 7 more truckloads to haul home off the latest lot.

feaec986bd43622633ec0d7c171031e8.jpg

Do ya'll use one of these Branch jigs?
I've made a few over the years as they slowly fall apart.
Limb firewood from Hemlock and Fir trees is hot and long burning stuff.... to hail with chipping it up.
The jig makes it a lot faster and more uniform to cut it up... But careful and use a long-ish bar!
It can be squirel-y with a short one.
48070490611_498792acf3_c.jpg

48070598392_724b5bc6a1_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back