My Business Setup Opinions: SERIOUS INQUIRES PLZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a common issue. I'm not sure of all the details you posted with your situation, but what I heard for the most part seems to be a common theme. A lot of guys want to fulfill their dream of being their own boss and running their own business. This is pretty natural and praiseworthy in many ways. However, I constantly hear about guys trying to get in with minimal to no risk (little to no investment capital, unwillingness to gamble on their own success).

It sounds like you are gripping for safety (your ties to another large company), swimming in the wake and feeding on the leftovers from another operation. That is fine but you will always be a bottom feeder in that situation. If you want to make something happen, then make it happen. You have to take a plunge sometime and yes there will be challenges and risk. If you don't REALLY want it, then stop messing around and be a regular employee and play it safe. Nothing wrong with that. If you REALLY do want it, then stop messing around and start your own setup and be independent. Can't be much clearer than that....

jp:D

I HAVE BEEN SOO BUSY I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT YOU GUYS

UPDATE:
I have started a 2nd crew. I just bought a 2013 f250xl for my main crew & i will be driving 2008 f250 lariat on the 2nd crew

Before I bought the truck, many things happened.

-didn't want to invest $$ in 2nd crew til i had a good deal
-the company was slammed with work & hired 3 retard crews (usually 2guys) that didn't know jack sh*t. The co. didn't want to lose jobs so they sub'd out other small jobs to these guys. There actions made the company realize how valuable I was and offered a new agreement.
I would manage my 2 crews ( 1 complete tree service crew ) ( 1 trimming crew )
I would also handle all problems in the field
I would run calls, on occasion, when needed
A few other minor details

There offer:
My % would still be the same for both crews
I get 3% of gross sales & paid every previous quarter.

That's good to hear man. Nice job bettering your position. Rock on.

He said , Hi, I'm a link spammer and will be back in a few days to activate the link in my signature, don't mind me.

Been extremely busy, but I wanted to check in with y'all.
Everything has been running smooth. I am now able to see all the jobs available on my iPhone/iPad so I can do my own scheduling & choose my jobs. I'm so focused on work right now that my personal life is affected.
My wife & I argue a bit more (she's extremely busy with work too)
We both bring our daily frustrations out on each other
We are trying to work it out.
That's it for now. Later ysll

Been extremely busy, but I wanted to check in with y'all.
Everything has been running smooth. I am now able to see all the jobs available on my iPhone/iPad so I can do my own scheduling & choose my jobs. I'm so focused on work right now that my personal life is affected.
My wife & I argue a bit more (she's extremely busy with work too)
We both bring our daily frustrations out on each other
We are trying to work it out.
That's it for now. Later ysll

just let her talk and get it out. 20 minutes later she'll be thanking you for listening and you wont even know what happened.

Best way for you to put a bigger cut in your pocket is to get rid of one of your employees and do that persons work yourself. Maybe you are already doing this. I dont know cause all I have to go by is your confusing description of what the whole situation is.

I do see all the time where people try to escape the idea of going out and getting a real job where they actually have to do real physical work, so they start their own business and hire a bunch of people to do the work for them, all the while complaining that they work so hard and have no money cause of the cost of payroll, ins, taxes, ect....

I know personally a lady who started a business so she didn't have to do anything. Hired a couple people to do the actual work while she sat around and did nothing but complain that the cost of doing business was too much and she wasn't making enough money. Rather than get her own hands dirty by actually doing some work, she closed the business putting 2 people out of work.

Two years later this lady started another business as a partner with a second lady, and again didn't want to do anything but play "business person" sitting at a desk all day updating her Facebook status. They hired 6 people for this business. The place was making money hand over fist, but their constant shopping sprees and new cars for both of them practically bankrupted the business. Come to find out, that the company really wasn't making money hand over fist after all. All the money they were spending was money that they obviously overpaid themselves for doing nothing, as well as the money that was taken out of employees checks for income taxes or employers % on top of that they never sent a dime to the IRS, state, or anything. Never paid a dime for unemployment ins. That money all went right in the pocket, and yet still complained they didn't have any money. Had they only hired 4 people and got off their asses and did something, they wouldn't of had too much free time to go spend the tax payers money, and would have had 2 less people sucking payroll.

Again, this is just my assumption from the confusing description. If I am wrong please disregard and accept my deepest apology. :)

Back