My Echo BK400 Blower Is "Surging"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGraz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an Echo BK400 that's been in the family for a long time. It has been great. The last time I used it, it began "surging". I'll be using it wide open and it will act like it's stalling out. This lasts for just a moment, then it runs again. The longer I use it the worse it gets. From cold, I can use it for 30 minutes before it starts acting up. When in happens I can see the choke lever move towards choke. I thought it was a weak spring, so I tied the choke in the open/run position. That didn't help, but I thought it might provide a clue. Unfortunately, I'm clueless. I tried cleaning the air filter, and that didn't help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Just a stab at it, but if it runs fine for 30 minutes, I would try a new fuel line. I had a trimmer that had these symptoms and it turned out to be a pinhole in the fuel line. Would run fine until the fuel level got down far enough to let it suck some air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if you try YouTube for any stihl blower -new fuel line new fuel filter new fuel tank vent beyond that you may need a dealer since you say your not really familiar with small engines.

Back