My first attempt at a homemade CSM 1"square .083 using super 250 mac

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kerf will be bigger with that, but filed right, should still give a decent flitch.

Your latest stuff looks decent. Try working that chain back to ~ 10 degrees as you sharpen it.

If the saws will do dual duty, get 1 for milling and another for crosscuts
The Mac is to big to deal with in any situation. Too much dead weight. No real benefits of using it compared to the Makita other than if the Mac blows up I don't car it cost me 30 dollars where's the Makita was $300. So these new cuts are with the beat up husky chain and bar on the Makita. Go figure ..it works better. I have the 20 inch bar on the husky. The 038 didn't do great milling but the chain isn't in good condition either. I noticed it needs attention. I don't like all these full chisel chains. They don't stay sharp long

The Mac is to big to deal with in any situation. Too much dead weight. No real benefits of using it compared to the Makita other than if the Mac blows up I don't car it cost me 30 dollars where's the Makita was $300. So these new cuts are with the beat up husky chain and bar on the Makita. Go figure ..it works better. I have the 20 inch bar on the husky. The 038 didn't do great milling but the chain isn't in good condition either. I noticed it needs attention. I don't like all these full chisel chains. They don't stay sharp long

How dirty is the wood?

Made a bunch of shelving in the garage. Only thing that wasn't chainsaw miller was a 2x4 ripped in half at 8 foot. I didn't have any 8 foot logs.
I need a new nail gun. This ancient senco weighs a ton and shoots nails badly.
Lil backyard fire burning bark n scraps20180911_224521.jpg 20180911_221109.jpg 20180911_221104.jpg 20180911_203521.jpg

Latest posts

Back