My first Husky a 372 XP Xtorque ??????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was selling on craiglist for $700 then lowered to $500 after no intrest and then agreed to $450 cash after I told him the used 372's I have seen were selling between $400-$500. I just sent him a text asking if he has the op manual and if he could drop it in the mail. Waiting! I really don't think a stolen saw would be sold on craigslist with the deal being made at his parents house with his young wife son and dad there. I think about these things and it just seems legal. I'll wait to see if he has the op manual and then I'll go from there. Is there a way for the sn to be tracked to the buyer?
OK..!!!! - - This is much better than your original post...which said none of these details..!!

I don't know of any way to track a Husky...if it was a Stihl...it could be tracked to the buyer..shop that sold it and the date of sale.

At only 7-8 months old...I would one again want to see the bill of sale..!!

Bro...the wife and the son and dad means nothing...if it's stolen goods.

No interest in a $900 7-8 month old saw for $700..OK - - At $500 the phone should be ringing off the hook..!!!

Perhaps folks like me are just vary of a almost new saw offered at almost half price..?? - so no offers..??

I just need to shut up....you just don't understand how 'hustles' work....and wish you the best with your new 372..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Oh yeah i totally understand, and it sucks for the guy that it was stolen from if it really was. Yeah i've had some pylons stolen WHILE WE WERE WORKING in a backyard. Seriously?!?! Who steals pylons???
Likely the same people that steal $5 Harley key fobs..!! - and there ain't no LOL on this..!!

Over a year later...I'm still super pissed..!!

I mean taking the key fob was bad...but why not have the decency to leave the keys..???

Anybody on my property now...I don't know...is looking for some Glock attitude adjustment..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Here 372xpxt are about 750 fully setup... I got 2 of the new 71cc 365xtorq saws for 450 each PHO new from the dealer and the only real diff is the xfer covers on the cylinder and the hi top filter..

Thieves suck badly. I've been robbed before, and I hate theives. I have seen and know hustles and this very well COULD have been one.

But why take the fun out of this guys thread beating the subject to death? Just call around his local PD and see if there has been any stolen saws turned in. If not then cut wood and don't worry about it.

It's a fair deal on the good side for you but I've seen many good deals like this before that were legit. I say good buy bud!!! The 372XT is a heck of a good saw.

I understand the "good feeling" the OP is referring to. If it felt right then it most likely is.

Thieves suck badly. I've been robbed before, and I hate theives. I have seen and know hustles and this very well COULD have been one.

But why take the fun out of this guys thread beating the subject to death? Just call around his local PD and see if there has been any stolen saws turned in. If not then cut wood and don't worry about it.

It's a fair deal on the good side for you but I've seen many good deals like this before that were legit. I say good buy bud!!! The 372XT is a heck of a good saw.

I understand the "good feeling" the OP is referring to. If it felt right then it most likely is.

I believe that God gives us our hunches in life and we get the feeling if its right or wrong. My feelings are that its right so I'm not gonna worry.

9 out of 10 people couldn't lay their hands on both the owners manual and the bill of sale if you offered them a thousand bucks.

Geesh, you people are horrible. you've never gotten a deal before? lol. loggers tend to get rid of saws before they wear them out, especially if they don't like them. I bought a 6 month old 660 for about 450 a couple years ago. he wasn't happy and wanted a 880. They make their money with them, and get new ones before they aren't worth much more than parts saws.

OP, good score!

Geesh, you people are horrible. you've never gotten a deal before? lol. loggers tend to get rid of saws before they wear them out, especially if they don't like them. I bought a 6 month old 660 for about 450 a couple years ago. he wasn't happy and wanted a 880. They make their money with them, and get new ones before they aren't worth much more than parts saws.

OP, good score!

I'm with Freakingstang here - congrats on a great grab (assuming it's not straight gassed or sumthin'). I guess I'd better not tell y'all what I paid for my MS460 :msp_sneaky:

Back