My first Husky a 372 XP Xtorque ??????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recently started a thread about me owning only Stihl saws and just wanting to own a good Husky for a change. I really appreciate the post's and many seemed to like the 372. So I bought a 372 XP X Torque. The previous owner said he bought it in feb 2012 and used it for a short time logging. It came with a 24" bar and 3 chains. He was asking $700 for it and I offered him $450 cash and he replied sold. So I have a few questions for you Husky pro's. Did I get it for a reasonable price? Is this a good model? How can I tell the date the saw was built? The muffler seems to have a large port on it compared to Stihl factory mufflers. Is this a factory muffler? Can Stihl bars be run on Huskys? The bar is 24" 3/8 .058 I run 3/8 .050 on My Stihl saws. Sorry about all the ? just a totally new machine to me..View attachment 254947View attachment 254948View attachment 254949View attachment 254950View attachment 254951

I recently started a thread about me owning only Stihl saws and just wanting to own a good Husky for a change. I really appreciate the post's and many seemed to like the 372. So I bought a 372 XP X Torque. The previous owner said he bought it in feb 2012 and used it for a short time logging. It came with a 24" bar and 3 chains. He was asking $700 for it and I offered him $450 cash and he replied sold. So I have a few questions for you Husky pro's. Did I get it for a reasonable price? Is this a good model? How can I tell the date the saw was built? The muffler seems to have a large port on it compared to Stihl factory mufflers. Is this a factory muffler? Can Stihl bars be run on Huskys? The bar is 24" 3/8 .058 I run 3/8 .050 on My Stihl saws. Sorry about all the ? just a totally new machine to me..View attachment 254947View attachment 254948View attachment 254949View attachment 254950View attachment 254951

Yes. Yes. 2011. Yes. You need the adapter, Bailey's has them. You did good.

Got yourself a great saw at a heck of a price. New saw to you rep sent. Nothing wrong with a little diversity. The 372's are legendary, especially ported.

If you bought a 7-8 month old 372xp for $450..asking $700...I'd be concerned that the saw is likely stolen..!!

Did he show proof of purchase..??
:cheers:
J2F

The 372xp is a great saw with a ton of snap great choice and price i have two of them and looking for a third

If you bought a 7-8 month old 372xp for $450..asking $700...I'd be concerned that the saw is likely stolen..!!

J2F

Or like a lot of guys out there needing cash in tough times, fishing for seven bills but settled on a fair offer.

As with any deal, buyer beware.

Or like a lot of guys out there needing cash in tough times, fishing for seven bills but settled on a fair offer.
As with any deal, buyer beware.
So dude 7-8 months ago pays $900+ including tax...!!

And now sells it for half that..."fishing"..yeah I'd call it that..looking for a 'fish' to sell a stolen saw to..!!..??

Well that would be real tough times.......and the instant drop...????

Again I ask the buyer - did he show proof of purchase and did you get the owner's manual..etc.
J2F

Last edited:

J2F

No proof of purchase but I felt it wasn't stolen when he showed me all his logging equipment and asked if I was interested in buying them. He was young and lost his logging job and needed the money fast for his young family. I thought that was a fair price. But I guess I did pretty good.

Half of retail is a fair price for a saw that was used for falling. $700 sounds like real wishfull thinking to me.

I bought a 2172 J-Red about 5 weeks ago (same saw as yours) and have been pleasantly surprised with it. Runs real nicely ported and does do well on trees per tank. Better than my ported xpw.

No proof of purchase but I felt it wasn't stolen when he showed me all his logging equipment and asked if I was interested in buying them. He was young and lost his logging job and needed the money fast for his young family. I thought that was a fair price. But I guess I did pretty good.
Bro...I'm not being a wise-guy.. - but I would have wanted to see the bill of sale and the owner's manual..!!

Maybe all the logging equipment he was trying to sale was stolen..??

This sure sounds like a "hustler" story to me..but I've experienced many tried "hustles"..

Playing on sentiment and misfortune is the classic hustlers line..!!

Just saying'...if that saw is stolen and you get caught with it...you're in deep ****..!!
J2F

Bro...I'm not being a wise-guy.. - but I would have wanted to see the bill of sale and the owner's manual..!!

Maybe all the logging equipment he was trying to sale was stolen..??

This sure sounds like a "hustler" story to me..but I've experienced many tried "hustles"..

Playing on sentiment and misfortune is the classic hustlers line..!!

Just saying'...if that saw is stolen and you get caught with it...you're in deep ****..!!
J2F

Even if its stolen chances of getting in trouble are slim.

Yeah...probably true...not likely to get caught...

And of course...To Hell...with the poor dumb-ass that the saw and maybe equipment got stolen from..!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like last year I left the keys in my truck...someone stole them for the $5 Harley key fob...and took the keys too..!!!

I'm old..and I've had many things things stolen from me...so I'm very skeptical of "super bargains" and hard-luck stories..!!

But that's just me...and if you've had stuff stolen from you..?? - maybe you might understand better..
J2F

He was selling on craiglist for $700 then lowered to $500 after no intrest and then agreed to $450 cash after I told him the used 372's I have seen were selling between $400-$500. I just sent him a text asking if he has the op manual and if he could drop it in the mail. Waiting! I really don't think a stolen saw would be sold on craigslist with the deal being made at his parents house with his young wife son and dad there. I think about these things and it just seems legal. I'll wait to see if he has the op manual and then I'll go from there. Is there a way for the sn to be tracked to the buyer?

Last edited:
Yeah...probably true...not likely to get caught...

And of course...To Hell...with the poor dumb-ass that the saw and maybe equipment got stolen from..!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like last year I left the keys in my truck...someone stole them for the $5 Harley key fob...and took the keys too..!!!

I'm old..and I've had many things things stolen from me...so I'm very skeptical of "super bargains" and hard-luck stories..!!

But that's just me...and if you've had stuff stolen from you..?? - maybe you might understand better..
J2F

Oh yeah i totally understand, and it sucks for the guy that it was stolen from if it really was. Yeah i've had some pylons stolen WHILE WE WERE WORKING in a backyard. Seriously?!?! Who steals pylons???

I have not seen pictures of the saw, but it could have several hundred hours on it and still look new. In my eyes though if someone takes almost 40% loss of the bat then they are NEEDING to be rid of it. If I get a gut feeling something is stolen I turn away. If I can prove it is stolen then I get the law involved. When you are talking about tools you are messing with a man's living.

Back