my first splices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My coworker Dan taught me how to make ultraslings and eyesplice double braid this weekend. Here's my handywork
14444947_10153918381422304_9167104591374128879_o.jpg

Look good. Been wanting to learn how to do ultra slings.

Look good. Been wanting to learn how to do ultra slings.
They are very easy. All you need are fids, scissors, marker, tape, and needle and thread for the whipping. If you look at one you should be able to figure it out. Only hidden part is the bury of the tails in the end loop.

Nice work. Love the ultra slings. Just a thought, I don't think the purple pulley is meant to be directly connected to a textile. Those thin sideplates will cut the sling.
Yeah possibly but I only use the rescue pulley for very light rigging. It's about a quarter inch thick with both sideplates. I used it as is yesterday to rig some maple tops and branches and it worked fine. But the pieces were 50 pounds at most.

Yeah possibly but I only use the rescue pulley for very light rigging. It's about a quarter inch thick with both sideplates. I used it as is yesterday to rig some maple tops and branches and it worked fine. But the pieces were 50 pounds at most.
Put a biner in the mix that purple pulley will wear at your sling

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I use a cmi micro snatch pulley attached to a webbing sling and caribiner for all my light rigging. Honestly so much bette than lugging around a heavy block and loopie in the tree. You just have to be aware of how heavy the pieces are and have a good ground guy to minimize any shock loading

I inspect that pulley every day and it hasn't shown any wear yet, minus loss of color where the top plates meet

Latest posts

Back