my first vintage chainsaw ! echo-cs302

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kianio7

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys new member here thought id share this saw i bought at a local auction the other night ive always been interested in vintage saws and when i seen this i jumped on the chance and bidded on it its a echo cs302 i have ordered a carb kit for it as it fires but will not run correctly but anyways here she is its in near mint condition thanks
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_z.jpg
for looking
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_c.jpg

thanks guys first of many saws hopefully :) im very happy with this little saw at the moment minimal marks or scratches and still the original bar and chain ! i may of overpaid but you guys let me know i paid equivilent to 40 usd here in ireland is that a good price ?

Uh-oh we have another aspiring vintage chainsaw collector! We can never have too many! Lots of history for you to learn! I’ve been at it a year and still learn stuff on a daily basis!

Welcome Kianio7,
I think you found a dandy saw there. All metal construction if I remember correctly. Very nice.
Brings back memories. I had a guy a couple of years ago that wanted to sell me a CS 302 for $20. It had good compression but did not start and exhibited classic carb issues.
I turned him down and instead bought his Echo 500VL.
Kind of wish I would have grabbed the CS302.

Welcome Kianio7,
I think you found a dandy saw there. All metal construction if I remember correctly. Very nice.
Brings back memories. I had a guy a couple of years ago that wanted to sell me a CS 302 for $20. It had good compression but did not start and exhibited classic carb issues.
I turned him down and instead bought his Echo 500VL.
Kind of wish I would have grabbed the CS302.
hey there man thanks and yes all aluminium construction and good compression for a 30cc saw it will fire but wont run but ive already ordered a genuine walbro carb kit and it should run with a good tune i paid whats equivelant to 40 usd but it doesnt have a mark on it

$40usd is cheap, good buy for a good saw. Now start saving up for you next/couple of saws.
Buddy dropped off his 302s. Said it wouldn't oil. Saw looked brand new. Had to reattach pickup line in tank which took some patience. Should have told him saw was shot and offered him some cash. LOL. I do have a 351 which I use a lot on small stuff. Another good echo saw.

$40usd is cheap, good buy for a good saw. Now start saving up for you next/couple of saws.
yea man seemed cheap to me should be nice hobby between school and buying and selling mowers a local auction about 10 miles from me always has vintage and modern saws at it there was also a stihl 08s and some old dolmar last week

Buddy dropped off his 302s. Said it wouldn't oil. Saw looked brand new. Had to reattach pickup line in tank which took some patience. Should have told him saw was shot and offered him some cash. LOL. I do have a 351 which I use a lot on small stuff. Another good echo saw.
haha sounds like a fiddly job lol thankfully mine oils perfect

Back