my first vintage chainsaw ! echo-cs302

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys new member here thought id share this saw i bought at a local auction the other night ive always been interested in vintage saws and when i seen this i jumped on the chance and bidded on it its a echo cs302 i have ordered a carb kit for it as it fires but will not run correctly but anyways here she is its in near mint condition thanks
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_z.jpg
for looking
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_c.jpg
Welcome to the site.
Nice little saw. I had one. Pretty impressive for the size. And has i nice sound as well.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

You always have the best photos, you need to start your own thread purely devoted you your vintage logging photos, I would follow it for sure!
You should read the Dead of night old growth spiders thread by Randy. The man has a way with words that is rare these days. You'll see the pictures in your head as you read the stories.
By the way nice saw and welcome to AS.

Nice.
I see the powers that be still have control over your PMing lol.
Hope all is well out your way, looked as though it was getting a bit chilly up there today :).

Yes...LoL!
I sent the Big Kahuna a message, maybe I'll get off probation soon.
Unseasonably warm, 71F yesterday, looks good for today, I should fire up the Sportster.

hey guys new member here thought id share this saw i bought at a local auction the other night ive always been interested in vintage saws and when i seen this i jumped on the chance and bidded on it its a echo cs302 i have ordered a carb kit for it as it fires but will not run correctly but anyways here she is its in near mint condition thanks
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_z.jpg
for looking
37026629923_b92ce2cde7_c.jpg
very nice little saws I think I have that model have one my self? or one very similar? and if I remember rightly you have to pull the flywheel off to change the fuel line and filter. mine starts and runs nice but it wont tick over up side down , I did put a cab kit in but it didn't cure it, it may just need a slight adjustment on the metering lever ? they always appear to keep their paint well as opposed to other saws of a similar age which tend to flake. I wander what paint they used ?

Just came across this thread after searching for more information on the little 302 i got from my boss. Mine currently has a 13" oregon bar that says "18431 325-R406 Oregon" on it. I took it to a shop to get a new chain and we had all kinds of issues finding anything that fits the 13" bar so we tried some 12" bars with no success. I was wondering if anyone had any info on a replacement bar and chain for the 302....looking for 12" or 14". Thanks a ton in advance

The 302S takes an Oregon A041 mount....on 10 gazallion Poulan, Craftsman saws since 1990. Eg: 140DGEA041, 160DGEA041, 140SDEA041, 160SPEA041. Find a broken Poulan and get the bar & chain.

Perhaps a silly question, but how do i know if its the 302s? New to chainsaws and just recently started learning about them after getting this saw

It'll say 302s on the air breather cover. Least mine does. Was the second saw my dad gave me. First was a 280e. It needs a rebuild as my tool shed roof leaked and seized it up. Sad day when I discovered that. But it's in line on the work bench waiting for me to find time to tinker it back to life.

Back