my ideal 3 saw setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locofrog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok here's my picks for my three saw setup but i only have 1 problem.
sometimes felling the bigger oaks and poplars required a 576xp...(shhhh that's what i told my wife)
i have an older Husqvarna 55 for normal felling and bucking. now i wanted a small,top handle perferably, husky to make my set complete but the money aint there for the new saws that husky offers. i was going to go with a small poulan 2000 i've worked a trade on instead but it was heavy on my heart lol.(not that i dont like poulan but ya know lime green and orange kinda clash in the woods)
UNTIL i was on fleebay looking at some parts for the 2000 and ran across some parts that would fit the 2000\craftsman 2.0\husky 23.
now i wasn't aware of this so i looked it up on the google images and found it to look identical.

long story short... could i buy the side shrouds off of the husky 23 and puttem on the poulan 2000? it looks like a common sense swap but i figured i'd ask before i dive into investing in the shrouds. thanks in advance...

loco

ok here's my picks for my three saw setup but i only have 1 problem.
sometimes felling the bigger oaks and poplars required a 576xp...(shhhh that's what i told my wife)
i have an older Husqvarna 55 for normal felling and bucking. now i wanted a small,top handle perferably, husky to make my set complete but the money aint there for the new saws that husky offers. i was going to go with a small poulan 2000 i've worked a trade on instead but it was heavy on my heart lol.(not that i dont like poulan but ya know lime green and orange kinda clash in the woods)
UNTIL i was on fleebay looking at some parts for the 2000 and ran across some parts that would fit the 2000\craftsman 2.0\husky 23.
now i wasn't aware of this so i looked it up on the google images and found it to look identical.

long story short... could i buy the side shrouds off of the husky 23 and puttem on the poulan 2000? it looks like a common sense swap but i figured i'd ask before i dive into investing in the shrouds. thanks in advance...

loco

Yes the 23 parts will fit the 2000, there the same saws.

Trust me though I have had the Orange and Lime Green saws out together at the same time alot. They match just fine and they get along well also.

You can find them in Dayton orange as well.

Daytonsaws011.jpg

How about just getting a rear handle 339, great little saw, might just part with the one I have if interested.

I bring a 2138 jred for limbing, a ms362 for felling and bucking, and a 385xp just because. And sometimes I bring along the old stand by ms290 just in case

Latest posts

Back