My life, my workbench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we're really cookin' here right now, setting all sorts of records, and not by small margins either.. Yesterday Lytton (next town south) was 47.2C (117F) and it might get hotter today, it was 31C (90F) at like 1am last night.
Cows have discovered that it's actually kinda nice to stand under the irrigation, usually they hate the cold water on them.. Calves are doing good, got some monsters out there.

Had a guy come in here with a woodmizer mill to mill some of those trees that fell last year, got 8000 BF of wood all said and done... it's getting very nicely kiln dried out there now!.. Meanwhile I put my old 2100 to work, I had to take some cants off the biggest logs to fit them on the mill, 33ft and typically a 16" cut, took 2 tanks to get through one cut, but that improved after I took 3 strokes off the rakers of the new chain and it actually would bite a bit.. lots of stuff on the 2100 wanted to rattle itself off.. a bar nut, the air filter cover screw, and muffler bolts were all a pain, but she ran real strong otherwise. I ran it pretty rich on oil, probably around 24:1, didn't smoke at all with the load it was under so I'm sure it was a good choice20210609_185727 (1).jpg

20210628_145637.jpg

Sure a chore trying to keep things green right now, gonna be bad at the end of august, that creek is gonna run pretty dry this year for sure
20210628_152110.jpg

Latest posts

Back