My Meager Chainsaw Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
The first saw I ever bought. Paid $10 at a yardsale.
Mac 3615
picture.php

Next saw is my favorite. My wife bought it for me for Christmas.
Husqvarna 450
picture.php

Then homelite I bought off my dad as a backup saw.
Timber man 45
picture.php

And the first new Stihl I have ever bought. I regret this one, and wish I would've went with a bigger saw.

Stihl MS271
picture.php

And then a variety of saws I have picked up this past year at yardsales.

MS170 paid $35
picture.php

MS211C paid $20
picture.php

Poulan Pro - Given to me
picture.php

Stihl 009 - $24
picture.php

The following saws I paid $12 for all of them total.

Jonsered 510SP
picture.php

Poulan 306A
picture.php

And 3 Echos a 315, a 351vl and an unknown model. I got the unknown running today but haven't messed with the other yet.

picture.php

Anybody know what model this is?
picture.php

picture.php

All saws currently run except for 2 of the Echoes. I will try to get them up and running someday soon.

I know they arent professional saws, but I'm not a professional sawer. I have been keeping my eyes open for some pro saws.

You did good . I'd like to find an old metal Poulan and J Red at a yard sale . All I find at yard sales are clothes , broken worn out tools and glassware of no value along with other misc . junk. Sometimes I luck out and find something I can use but hardly ever do I find a saw that is worth the trouble to fix it.

Excellent collection.

The hard part will be trying to get them all running before you buy more that are aren’t[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Excellent collection.

The hard part will be trying to get them all running before you buy more that are aren’t[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Thanks. All currently run except 2 of the echoes.

The following saws I paid $12 for all of them total.

Jonsered 510SP
picture.php

Poulan 306A
picture.php

And 3 Echos a 315, a 351vl and an unknown model. I got the unknown running today but haven't messed with the other yet.

picture.php

Anybody know what model this is?
picture.php

picture.php

All saws currently run except for 2 of the Echoes. I will try to get them up and running someday soon.

I know they arent professional saws, but I'm not a professional sawer. I have been keeping my eyes open for some pro saws.
Looks like you got yourself a nice hammer collection too!

Wow that’s awesome! I really like that top handle stihl.

One of my favourites that I let go was the 455 rancher, I was mentioning it in the regret selling thread. I will one day get another.

I am slowly growing mine. At the moment the only other saws I have for restoration and tinkering are the super pro 60, a poulan 3400, two poulan 3314’s. the 3314 I experimented with in tuning and port matching etc. Good learner saws cause they really aren’t worth much used and are widely available.

Thanks, me too. That's the second one to the collection. Found that one on CL for $80. Around twenty in minor parts. Carb kit, fuel lines and crank seals. Took more time stripping it down to clean it up than it did to repair it.

Steve Sidwell

Thanks, me too. That's the second one to the collection. Found that one on CL for $80. Around twenty in minor parts. Carb kit, fuel lines and crank seals. Took more time stripping it down to clean it up than it did to repair it.

Steve Sidwell
I have never actually seen a bow saw for sale.

You did good . I'd like to find an old metal Poulan and J Red at a yard sale . All I find at yard sales are clothes , broken worn out tools and glassware of no value along with other misc . junk. Sometimes I luck out and find something I can use but hardly ever do I find a saw that is worth the trouble to fix it.
If I drive by a yard sale I'm always on the lookout for yard tools, hunting or fishing gear, chainsaws, or computer gear, but it is always knick-knacks and used clothes.

Latest posts

Back