• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

My music........

NIP Group
tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Awesome music!

Love Dylon!

Don't follow leaders... and watch your parking meters...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVvH0wKwgBc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVvH0wKwgBc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reactions: Den
kevinj

kevinj

Whatarya, Goofy?
And just think...

Jimi hendrix got his start from Bob Dylan,

saying if Dylan can do it...

so can I !!!

Hence.
The Drifters escape.
All along the watchtower.
Like a rolling stone.
And there's others that dont come to mind right now.

Is there anyone here that has a video of Bob Dylan and the rolling Thunder Review? It was a 1974 concert that shown him in whiteface?

gasman

gasman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Can you still buy record players?

Some of those turntables were pieces of art. I'm sure you can get them and replacement parts if you are willing to pay. I don't know if anybody makes new ones anymore.

I have plenty of vinyl left, but I wouldn't want to play it. Just keep it on the shelf.

I've got some of the classics, but it's largely 70's crapola.

Del_

Career arborist
Yes.

I've got three. My best one is made by Acoustic Research and has a Shure V15III micro ridge cartridge.

I just recently bought an analog to digital converter that goes between the turntable and amplifier so I can record my vinyl onto CD's or any other digital format. I've got better than 2,000 LP's and have been anal about cleaning and storage for the past 35 years. I don't play them much these days.

RaisedByWolves

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite

Hell yeah, but to buy a good one you need to shell out some good coin, or you can buy a classic one and still spend some money.

I bought a 15yr old Denon DPL-62 and love it, paid 500 clams for it but it is worth every penny, its more like a piece of machinery rather than a TT.

I got it with a Signet cart, but the suspension was sacked so the shop I bought it from replaced it with a AR xxx with a shebata tip.

And like Dan said, cleanliness is key. I have several LP's that cant be discerened by pops/hiss, people think there listening to a CD and are blown away when I get up and flip the disk.