My new 7900 - Cutting Test/Tuning (Video)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapitaineHaddoc

European Westcoaster
Reaction score
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lg_NytOvNwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's my new 7900 with the HD AF kit and a 18" b/c - 8 pin sprocket

The chain has been damaged by shrapnell earlier in the day shine, it does not cut too much more, but I just wanted to ask you what you thought of the tuning. I tune it by ear, in the cut because of the limited coil. Does it seem a little too rich?

Nice man! Enjoy your new saw Bro. I know I be a grinning if I ran it. :msp_thumbsup:

Thank you guys, i'll try to post more videos tomorrow, probably with the 7 pin sprocket and 28" bar.

Sounds perfect to me, cuts nice too, a little smaller log would give us a better idea of how it sounds when the load is decreasing.:rock:

Show off!

I like it! I got one awaiting a 79cc top. I hope I can tune mine that well. I hope my sharp chains cut like your dull one!!!:msp_thumbsup:

The tune sounds perfect to me. Just a hint of 4 stroke during reset of the dawgs then cleans right up. Nice!
As far as the chain, if that one is dull I want to see your version of sharp :cheers:

The tune sounds perfect to me. Just a hint of 4 stroke during reset of the dawgs then cleans right up. Nice!
As far as the chain, if that one is dull I want to see your version of sharp :cheers:

Thank you! The chain is not dull, but I had to sharpen it in the forest and I removed a lot of material (I work right on the front lines of World War I, and some old trees are full of scrap metal, this is the worst thing for the chain). So limiters are a little high and she don't cut perfect, but she's not dull.

Thank you! The chain is not dull, but I had to sharpen it in the forest and I removed a lot of material (I work right on the front lines of World War I, and some old trees are full of scrap metal, this is the worst thing for the chain). So limiters are a little high and she don't cut perfect, but she's not dull.

That would actually be pretty cool finding bullets and stuff from WW1 not with a chain of course but just finding it.

That would actually be pretty cool finding bullets and stuff from WW1 not with a chain of course but just finding it.

In some fields there are a lot of bombs, grenades and bullets, some are intact. I also found the remains of a German officer few years ago, just a little leather, skull, and eagle from his cap.

There are also many old bunkers, but many are partly destroyed.

In winter 1999, we had a storm, and many trees were uprooted. In some areas, the strains have emerged full of shells and bandoliers, really impressive. But I know that about 30 years ago, loggers in plain(i'm in the mountain) accidentally made ​​a fire over a buried bomb, they are all dead.

I would like to see it cutting a deciduous tree like beach or oak.Even a dull saw will cut through a conifer.This will tell you where you stand, Ken

In a month she will have tu cut big mountain beech which is hard enough. I cut 8h/day for 14 years, I know how to sharpen a chain, Oak, beech, ash or acacia, these are not problems!

Latest posts

Back