My new alaskan mill setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good wrk AB.

Long term the vibe might get to your tacho.
This happens on lots of two stroke motor machinery. The 2 wheel scooter brigade reported this about 10 years ago so set up their tachos on anti vibe mounts
The safest place on a mill is the wrap handle of the saw as these are already on AV mounts.

Good wrk AB.

Long term the vibe might get to your tacho.
This happens on lots of two stroke motor machinery. The 2 wheel scooter brigade reported this about 10 years ago so set up their tachos on anti vibe mounts
The safest place on a mill is the wrap handle of the saw as these are already on AV mounts.
That's a good point, a quick release on the wrap handle would be the best place.

Beerstein, that depth adjustment setup is really slick. As I assembled my 1st Alaskan Mill, I was seeing depth adjustments as being slow and awkward and your setup seems like genius.
Thanks Chillipepper. It's just another way, like most I get my ideas from reading about other peoples mills, I have seen your adjuster and Bob's, and also a mob called Panther Mills in England that use a gear system. My way is just a cheap homemade version. I don't post much only what I think might help others with similar needs, I have learned so much here I feel obliged to give back what I can.

Albert, you haven't seen my adjuster yet but likely someone else's. I just received my Mark IV 36" mill yesterday and loosely assembled it. I am the sort of person like you who looks to make a tool better, a vehicle better, almost anything better than the original. I am also one to look for simple and functional as well as efficient. Your improvements accomplish the task as intended. Make depth adjustments simple and quick. Good Job.

Latest posts

Back