My new ms261cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned mine for about two months now and love it. I fish gilled the muffler after running it for a couple of hours and it was night and day difference on power. I was a little worried about voiding the warranty on a brand new saw but figured i could buy another muffler and slap it on in the event I needed warranty service. This is the best running saw I've ever used.
I did the same, but I'm guessing they can tell by reading the information from the M-tronic system.

A muffler mod should show a big jump in fuel trim settings which is going to tip them off that something major was changed.

OP - Muffler mod it once it's broken in...Sounds great and definitely shows some power improvement in the 261.

I’d like to eventually try a muff mod , but the stuff I’m cutting now is so small (willow,spruce and poplar) that it doesn’t warrant the change. 7.5 hectares of jungle. About 36 tanks thru two new 261 Arctics with no problems. 3/8 16”.

Once mine is thoroughly broken in, I will do a muff mod, but need to keep the spark arrestor in place. Has anyone successfully done this? Most seem to cut a brand new outlet with no spark arrestor. Restricting the new outlet to the existing exhaust is pretty tight to the back edge and not much room to open the outlet.

Any thoughts, pictures,solutions?

Back