My November 2019 woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
From the house across the creek to the corn field.
IuYCxwe.jpg

Back at trhe west end looking down the creek.
NXQispA.jpg

One of the critters that live in my woods.
Fa3RpMv.jpg

January clean up area. from south of the creek looking north.

bHaQRr7.jpg

Up on top of the hill in the back by the east fence line.
22eOzcG.jpg

Another critter that lives there and cleans up the acorns the deer and squirrels don't get.
V27JJWO.jpg

this critter also lives in our woods and scavanges corn from the corn field Hickory nuts the turkeys don't care for and the Acorns the turkeys and deer leave.
gc2wVOS.jpg

the salt block along the creek being visited.
r3R1jRJ.jpg

:D Al

From the house across the creek to the corn field.
IuYCxwe.jpg

Back at trhe west end looking down the creek.
NXQispA.jpg

One of the critters that live in my woods.
Fa3RpMv.jpg

January clean up area. from south of the creek looking north.

bHaQRr7.jpg

Up on top of the hill in the back by the east fence line.
22eOzcG.jpg

Another critter that lives there and cleans up the acorns the deer and squirrels don't get.
V27JJWO.jpg

this critter also lives in our woods and scavanges corn from the corn field Hickory nuts the turkeys don't care for and the Acorns the turkeys and deer leave.
gc2wVOS.jpg

the salt block along the creek being visited.
r3R1jRJ.jpg

Beautiful pics @alleyyooper Says a lot of why we live where we do.

Along the old south line the pines we planted 38 years ago spring 2020.
AW6PVpk.jpg

Along the old south line from our new parcel.
JBRVsCC.jpg

the east end of the pond on the new place.
9nrRbCH.jpg

the pond drain to the creek.
AY8cz9z.jpg

OK spring run off has the creek extra high on the new parcel.
tySvOYy.jpg

Looking out the deer blind window to the south at the Old line and where the new parcel starts.
DPeVPdU.jpg

Looking east from the pond on the new parcel.
gofvRfu.jpg

Funny we live 58 miles 1 hour 11 minutes by truck from Detroit.

Bought a place in Michigans UP and while we like thre place with a 1/2 mile of lake frontage and 37 acres of hard woods cedar swamps and cranberry bogs backed up by about 6 square miles of Federal land.

I had once thought about retireing there. No more how ever as I have more deer here, turkeys, squirrels and other small wild critters.

We are going to sell the UP property soon well when spring comes.

I see way more deer here and come to be able to Id some as seen many times, Once even had a doe that would walk the trails with the dogs and I
. when she had her fawn that spring she brought it to the trail so we could see it.

I like my Valhula right here in SE Michigan. I am only a hour away from being able to fish a great lake from a nice launch too.

We shoot way more coyotes than you can shake a stick at and the fur buyer is near by and part of our group now.
I still like the UP and will continue to go there to fish and do some hunting. But I also like Canada and go there to fish.

I still like Green Bay Foot ball and
know the lions will never go to a super bowl in my life time, and have my doubts they will go to a play off game in my life time and win. I will soon be 73.

Back