my poor dolmar!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrockdawgx

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Moved from Georgia to Alaska, 4700 miles +/-. Dolmar PS510 set for @ 6 months. No spark. Checked electrode gap, comes in at .53mm. book called for .50. will .03mm make that much difference? if not, what is the most likely point of failure?

You're talking 0.021" instead of 0.020". The plug and saw won't know the difference.

Check all of the ignition system connections. Make sure they are secure and not corroded. Make sure the kill switch hasn't failed closed.

Let me ask the stupid question - when you tested the plug, did you ground the plug body to something on the saw that completes the circuit? I know, stupid simple but easy to forget.

Check if a rodent hasn't chewed at the ignition wiring: voles and dormice in particular will get into the most impossible spaces to do their little chewing act.

If you can unplug the kill switch wire from the coil, try that to see if you have spark. Also, on more than one occasion, I have seen the little coil spring inside the plug wire cap lose connection with the plug wire. So, you might want to check that as well.

plug was grounded. all wires and connections check out. I am going to throw a coil at it and see what happens.

I’ve sold a lot of dolmars and replaced ALOT of coils on the 510/5105’s
They did change the part number , so they must have found a problem.

Latest posts

Back