My UP Equip Experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I would like to update everyone on the drama that has been unfolding between me and Up Equip. I recently took down all the negative reviews and paid their shipping fees in order to make amends with them. I realize we are both at fault for the miscommunication in the shipping so I took the 1st steps in mending our relationship. Today Alain took the next step and walked me through the steps needed to turn back on the hydraulics on my lift. I applaud Alain for helping me out even with our disagreements. Hopefully, things can get better between us and we can move forward with a clean slate.

Look. I’ve read all the e-mail chain and it seems like shipping is an issue. The receiver is responsible for the drop point being ready to go. That’s how this works. A spider lift is not as easy to ship as an F-250 or a chip truck. I would not have used that type of trailer to move it, a Landoll would have been ideal and probably would have solved this entire problem, which is the responsibility of the shipper.

Shipping a piece of gear from Montréal to Los Angeles and you expect everything to go smoothly with a long list of instructions? Come on. We’re dealing with truck drivers. You give them a destination and they expect the reciever to handle the offload. That’s how it works.

Brian, I sure hope that’s not how you treat the people who work for you or the people you do work for. Now, I would probably just pay up, get your lift going and use it. You’re grandstanding and it is costing your company money. The company isn’t going to get you up and going until you do.

There was a lot of miscommunication between me and Up Equip which was the main problem with shipping. Everything is taken care of so now so no worries.

I'm sorry this was such a difficult process. It appears that UpEquip worked hard to help you out and make this unique situation happen for you. Communication is always key!! Even when frustrated, try to step back and focus on your end game goal = getting your new lift in service to reap an ROI on your investment. No one is perfect and we can all improve in one way or another. If you are respectful and take time to work through problems, you can usually find solutions without all the drama. Drama is sometimes unavoidable... so you have to roll with it. We also purchased and own the same lift from UpEquip as you have. There are little things here and there to get up and going full-speed just like any other lift out there on the market. But it is a very versatile lift and has served us well. My husband can be somewhat of a hot head when under stress, and Alain hung up on him once --- and rightly so! I would do the same to anyone since it is both rude and counterproductive to yell and swear at someone you expect to help you. If you calm down, the staff at UpEquip is VERY responsive and helpful. We are working through a warranty issue right now... not ideal but we are working through it. We trust UpEquip will stand by their product and provide exceptional service. Learn from this experience and then move on in a positive direction. The golden rule goes a long way -- think before you speak (or type). It will save you from having to do damage control later and burning bridges you may need in the future. My 2 cents as a business owner and wife/mother :)

I'm sorry this was such a difficult process. It appears that UpEquip worked hard to help you out and make this unique situation happen for you. Communication is always key!! Even when frustrated, try to step back and focus on your end game goal = getting your new lift in service to reap an ROI on your investment. No one is perfect and we can all improve in one way or another. If you are respectful and take time to work through problems, you can usually find solutions without all the drama. Drama is sometimes unavoidable... so you have to roll with it. We also purchased and own the same lift from UpEquip as you have. There are little things here and there to get up and going full-speed just like any other lift out there on the market. But it is a very versatile lift and has served us well. My husband can be somewhat of a hot head when under stress, and Alain hung up on him once --- and rightly so! I would do the same to anyone since it is both rude and counterproductive to yell and swear at someone you expect to help you. If you calm down, the staff at UpEquip is VERY responsive and helpful. We are working through a warranty issue right now... not ideal but we are working through it. We trust UpEquip will stand by their product and provide exceptional service. Learn from this experience and then move on in a positive direction. The golden rule goes a long way -- think before you speak (or type). It will save you from having to do damage control later and burning bridges you may need in the future. My 2 cents as a business owner and wife/mother
I'm sorry this was such a difficult process. It appears that UpEquip worked hard to help you out and make this unique situation happen for you. Communication is always key!! Even when frustrated, try to step back and focus on your end game goal = getting your new lift in service to reap an ROI on your investment. No one is perfect and we can all improve in one way or another. If you are respectful and take time to work through problems, you can usually find solutions without all the drama. Drama is sometimes unavoidable... so you have to roll with it. We also purchased and own the same lift from UpEquip as you have. There are little things here and there to get up and going full-speed just like any other lift out there on the market. But it is a very versatile lift and has served us well. My husband can be somewhat of a hot head when under stress, and Alain hung up on him once --- and rightly so! I would do the same to anyone since it is both rude and counterproductive to yell and swear at someone you expect to help you. If you calm down, the staff at UpEquip is VERY responsive and helpful. We are working through a warranty issue right now... not ideal but we are working through it. We trust UpEquip will stand by their product and provide exceptional service. Learn from this experience and then move on in a positive direction. The golden rule goes a long way -- think before you speak (or type). It will save you from having to do damage control later and burning bridges you may need in the future. My 2 cents as a business owner and wife/mother :)

Spot on!

What is the warranty issue you are having with the lift? And how has the lift been so far? How many hours are on it?
I’m thinking about investing in one. But I’m considering other brands as well.

Spot on!

What is the warranty issue you are having with the lift? And how has the lift been so far? How many hours are on it?
I’m thinking about investing in one. But I’m considering other brands as well.

Weld on Jib bellcrank failed. Waiting on parts to replace it. Not happy about having to pay for parts/shipping upfront when it should be covered under warranty. However UpEquip insists they must inspect the original parts (sent us a return shipping label to send back to them) to confirm it wasn't something we "caused" which it was not. Machine is well-maintained and stored on a dedicated trailer indoors. Weld failed at 486 hours. Last annual inspection was performed by certified third party (Terex) at 473 hours and no defects or damage were noted. Also our lift is inspected prior to every usage (and documented). Waiting for my refund from UpEquip and to get my lift back in service... been down since 1/2/2020 :cry::cry::cry:

Weld on Jib bellcrank failed. Waiting on parts to replace it. Not happy about having to pay for parts/shipping upfront when it should be covered under warranty. However UpEquip insists they must inspect the original parts (sent us a return shipping label to send back to them) to confirm it wasn't something we "caused" which it was not. Machine is well-maintained and stored on a dedicated trailer indoors. Weld failed at 486 hours. Last annual inspection was performed by certified third party (Terex) at 473 hours and no defects or damage were noted. Also our lift is inspected prior to every usage (and documented). Waiting for my refund from UpEquip and to get my lift back in service... been down since 1/2/2020 :cry::cry::cry:
Not under warranty ?! What exactly is the “jib bell crank”? How much money is it? Sounds like it will work out though.
I like the upequip lift. I don’t like how they are in Canada

Bonjour

Anna is right: we must inspect the part to make sure it is a warranty matter. If we were closer, we would have done it and most probably change the part right there on the spot, and would have been able to determine if it is a warranty matter or not. Unfortunately, distance makes it impossible for us to send parts for free without being able to get reimbursement ourselves. In this specific case here, the welding doesn't seems to be the issue. In fact, the metal seemed to have tore in the middle, not in a place where it’s welded. We are looking forward to inspect it further.

Generally speaking, when it is determined part is under warranty, we refund right away. The good thing is: we have parts, and we ship parts. This is something we make a point talking about right at the beginning, even before customers buy and join our community. It is not something that they discover once they have to face an issue. We always make it clear that we're here to help, and we will. We need our customers eyes and hands for all matters.

This story will come to an end also, as all other stories came to an end. We will keep you posted.

Merci!

Bonjour

Anna is right: we must inspect the part to make sure it is a warranty matter. If we were closer, we would have done it and most probably change the part right there on the spot, and would have been able to determine if it is a warranty matter or not.
Unfortunately, distance makes it impossible for us to send parts for free without being able to get reimbursement ourselves. In this specific case here, the welding doesn't seems to be the issue. In fact, the metal seemed to have tore in the middle, not in a place where it’s welded. We are looking forward to inspect it further.

Generally speaking, when it is determined part is under warranty, we refund right away. The good thing is: we have parts, and we ship parts. This is something we make a point talking about right at the beginning, even before customers buy and join our community. It is not something that they discover once they have to face an issue. We always make it clear that we're here to help, and we will. We need our customers eyes and hands for all matters.

This story will come to an end also, as all other stories came to an end. We will keep youI’m
So they are down for a month because of an easy fix? Only because you have to inspect the part to see if it’s under warranty?

Bonjour

The part was initially reported broken Jan 2nd with a picture and we requested more details. Jan 6th, exchanged emails and more pictures. Jan 7, went over warranty claim process and received payment for the new part in the afternoon. Unfortunately, overnight shipment cut out here is Noon. Jan 8th, the part was shipped through FedEx (tracking #777420318713) the new part was delivered Jan 10th, 2020 at noon.

I trust we will receive broken part soon so we will be able to proceed with inspection.

Bonjour

The part was initially reported broken Jan 2nd with a picture and we requested more details. Jan 6th, exchanged emails and more pictures. Jan 7, went over warranty claim process and received payment for the new part in the afternoon. Unfortunately, overnight shipment cut out here is Noon. Jan 8th, the part was shipped through FedEx (tracking #777420318713) the new part was delivered Jan 10th, 2020 at noon.

I trust we will receive broken part soon so we will be able to proceed with inspection.
Thanks for the follow up. Sounds fair to me

There was a lot of miscommunication between me and Up Equip which was the main problem with shipping. Everything is taken care of so now so no worries.
Hi!
Sorry to revisit a past headache, but we are currently thinking about purchasing the 70-36AJ and wanted to get your opinion on the lift now that you've ran it for a couple/few years.
Thanks in advance!

Hi!
Sorry to revisit a past headache, but we are currently thinking about purchasing the 70-36AJ and wanted to get your opinion on the lift now that you've ran it for a couple/few years.
Thanks in advance!

The Hatz engine we have on our 61-36 Upequip seems to be a problem, it vibrates to the point where it cracks metal and plastic mounted to it. Our unit has its main fuse box mounted to the engine with no vibration mounts and it has cause numerous problems. So far we have had to do the repairs ourselves with the service guy on the eb trying to direct us, even though it is under warrentee, had it all of 3 months so far, low low hours.

According to Upequip, everything has to be video taped and then they have to authoirize the repair. It also can’t be moved if it’s not running, unless you have a crane of Lull to lift it onto the trailer. It is not like other equipment I have purchased as it seems to be very delicate and finicky. Deliicate tiny wires attached to vibrating engine that brake, fuses blowing or just popping out due to vibration. Metal cracking again mounted to the engine. It isn’t only my unit bc I talked to another tree company that has a 100’ unit, has similar problems having to replace inferior parts with stronger American parts (ie. NAPA) more durable. I’m hoping that we can work out these problems with the company soon because it has been one of the hardest $100,000.00 investments we have ever purchased.

Back