My Vertical Log Splitter with Table and Log Lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is the beginning of another splitter build. I converted a 28ton swisher a few yrs ago to do the same. However, this one will be much better.
Hyd log lift
Hyd main beam lift into position
14.5hp electric start generac
16gpm pump
4"x24"x2" main ram cylinder.

Should be fun!

How the heck do you attach pictures on here now? It's changed since the hack attack last yr. I click upload a file and it says there's an error.....

I would post pictures, but I keep getting an error window that pops up. I've tried changing the file name. I have made the pictures small. No luck. Any ideas? I've never had an issue before this place got hacked last yr.

I don't allow javascript on the site, but the upload a file works flawlessly without it, albeit as an attachment, not inline. It automagically resizes it as well. Well, it jpeg compresses it, you lose a little definition.

Turn JS off in your browser, clear cache, reload page, try it again.

I need your H beam measurement, I need to compare to my build.
How many tons you gonna have.
I have gathered most parts.
thanks
BBB
It's an I beam really. It is 5 1/4" wide, 8 1/4" tall. web is 3/8" thick and flanges are 7/16". I should have around 20-22 tons of pressure with my set-up. I'm looking for more speed than beef . IMO if you know how to split wood anything over 22 tons is probably over kill.

Glade to see you back, haven't seen you on here in awhile.
Thanks Dan! Last yr I was busy getting all my reloading stuff set-up in my basement in front of my warm Kuuma Vaporfire 100. Plus every time I tried getting on this site it seemed like it was hacked and was way more hassle than it should have to post something!!

What's your guys thoughts on using a engine hoist hydraulic jack to set the main beam into place from laying down to vertical position instead of using a regular hydraulic cylinder?

I've found out today that my 3 spool valve won't work. It has detent on one spool but no pressure release on that spool. So it would continue to build pressure at end of stroke and not go back to center. So thinking about going with a 2 spool and long shaft engine hydraulic jack. Or 2 spool with power beyond and a single spool located in a different spot for the main beam lift..

What's your guys thoughts on using a engine hoist hydraulic jack to set the main beam into place from laying down to vertical position instead of using a regular hydraulic cylinder?

I've found out today that my 3 spool valve won't work. It has detent on one spool but no pressure release on that spool. So it would continue to build pressure at end of stroke and not go back to center. So thinking about going with a 2 spool and long shaft engine hydraulic jack. Or 2 spool with power beyond and a single spool located in a different spot for the main beam lift..
call Prince and tell them what you want to do with the RD5300 valve you already have, all it needs is a different spool, heres the manual for the RD5000 series valves, http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/valves/RD5000Manual.pdf (spool options on pages 10-16) it would be much cheaper than a new valve...

call Prince and tell them what you want to do with the RD5300 valve you already have, all it needs is a different spool, heres the manual for the RD5000 series valves, http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/valves/RD5000Manual.pdf (spool options on pages 10-16) it would be much cheaper than a new valve...
I emailed them yesterday and asked if I could send it in to have it retrofitted for that. He told me no. Said it had to be machined a certain way and I would need to purchase a new one.

Latest posts

Back