My wood pile (so far)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
wood1.jpg

If this trend continues... I am gonna have quite a bit of splitting!

-pat

What kind of wood is that?

Looks like you're on the Dry Side, maybe down south? Are those the Sangre de Cristos in the background?

Hmmmm... On second thought, you could be up near Wyoming...

To be more precise:

Almost the middle of Colorado. Most of the wood is beatle kill. The mountains in the background is little stuff south of Buffalo peaks.

-Pat:notrolls2:

Whoo, I missed it! High country there. You've got to be, what... 10,000 feet or so? Too high & dry for me. I like trees.

How well does the beetle-killed wood burn compared to regular wood of the same species?

Burns fine

rmihalek said:
How well does the beetle-killed wood burn compared to regular wood of the same species?

As long as you don't mind finding a few holes from the bugs. Some of it has a weird blue stain from a fungus (or something) that the bugs bring with them. End result of this is a bunch of standing dead trees and a bunch of hungry beetles looking for live trees!

We also have a bunch of mistletoe infested trees here that are being cut. IT also makes good firewood (as long as you don't mind branches that are really twisted!!).

-Pat

I just got a load dropped off sat, friend brought it in by triaxle.. and someone else brought in a couple trucks full.. so its only about 75 feet long.. but its a good start with the other wood stacked behind it

Some of the bigger wood is getting tougher to move alone..

Price range in this area for a cord is $180 to $300 or more.

Pete

Latest posts

Back