Mycorrhiza inoculation using vertical mulching.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of vertical mulching lately with this new company I'm working for. We add a handful of gro pro plus with mycorrhiza. They charge a lot for this and they sware by it . They use it for stressed sick trees, compacted soil, poor soil. Has anyone any experience with this? I have a hard time convincing my self it isn't snake oil.

Every time I have heard somebody from Extension or a university talk about it, they don't speak highly of it. A couple of years ago one of the researchers tried several different brands. None had ANY living/reproducing tissue that they found. Soil without mycorrhiza in it would be pretty rare around here. Perhaps mining spoils, soil that was dug up for a basement or pond, etc...basically something that hasn't had life in it for a while. Simply mixing in some native soil will put the mycorrhizae back in the soil.

Having said that, the vertical mulching is certainly a good thing, so they probably do see results, but their cause and effect may be confused???

Latest posts

Back