Nails needs a spanking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We passed a dead guy laying in the road on the way home today. We had to wait as they covered him with a sheet. Motorcycle vs car. Car won.
Have some respect for your loved ones and tie in so they wont have to be pallbearers at your funeral or be changing your diapers etc..

That's sad man. last week we had silage truck vs. freight train. train won unfortunately. Driver was a 73 yr old grand father.

Last edited:
We are talking about tree work! Dan here thinks freeclimbing is dangerous but feels that if he had to get up into a tree to capture a parrot, he can rig something that will make it safe for him to drink two or three beers while working but not working on the weekend. He doesn't like drunk hacks that are his "problem" and feels he has to butt into everyones style to comment on how they are wrong in their approach to what they are doing.

BTW Dan, Ya ever hug that parrot?

I don't know what you are talking about now, you lost me. No beers while working, says so on the label?

And you bet!
Joeys_5th_B-day_036.jpg

Just some hack riggin

tip line
july_088-1.jpg

butt line
july_093-1.jpg

you shut yor mouth
july_096.jpg

we are going to be here all night
july_098-1.jpg

I can do it like this
july_114-1.jpg

I can do it like that
july_115.jpg

I can pull a tree off a house
july_111-1.jpg

Not to be mean but it's venomous, don't worry I hear it all the time. Yes, horned lizards can squirt blood out of their eyes, technically it's a blood vessel under the eye ball they squeeze with their muscles until it pops like a zit. Also correct, hognose snakes along with a few other species can and do play dead when encountered by a potential threat. Venomous snakes are immuned to their own venom but high stress levels raise the latic acid levels in their system some times causing death. the biting I've seen a few times they seem to think that their body is the enemy when seen out of the corner of their eyes, causing a defensive bite. it is weird though. I loved to watch steve irwin a.k.a. the croc hunter, I met him in Alberqerque (I think I spelled that wrong) about 3 years ago at a reptile show. Super nice guy, talked for about 2 hours about rattlers in the south west U.S.

Yeah I used a fork and got them behind the head I could not believe
my eyes when I saw him at a rattler din and grabbing them by the tail.
I was way more careful but I as I said don't mess with them today as
a kid yeah. Behind the head they can't do no magic unless it is a pigmy
and they can hook you by distorting there head somewhat. What is
also cool is blacksnakes mimicking rattlers and they are not the only
ones to do it but they almost always do rattle their tail against the
leaves to scare away an adversary.

Yeah I used a fork and got them behind the head I could not believe
my eyes when I saw him at a rattler din and grabbing them by the tail.
I was way more careful but I as I said don't mess with them today as
a kid yeah. Behind the head they can't do no magic unless it is a pigmy
and they can hook you by distorting there head somewhat. What is
also cool is blacksnakes mimicking rattlers and they are not the only
ones to do it but they almost always do rattle their tail against the
leaves to scare away an adversary.

Shoot I do that quit often. I'll get calls about snakes, and when I get there I realize I don't have my hook or tongs so I just tail 'em. Back in July I got a call about a snake hiding in the engine compartment of an f-350. And of course it was a diesel so we had almost no acces into the engine. not to mention it was 20 miles outside of town. When I arrived the owner of the pickup said it's in their, pointing to the truck, upon taking a quick look I called 2 of my buddies and they arrived shortly afterwards. It took the 3 of us almost 4 hours and taking off skid plates fan shrouds and any thing else we could to get the bugger out. Fortunatley no one was bitten by the snake which was a western diamond back rattlesnake measuring 5 1/2 feet (average for our area). That was the first time I was really...REALLY worried about being bit because half the time we could not tell where he was in the vehicle. Do you have any snakes of your own currently?

Shoot I do that quit often. I'll get calls about snakes, and when I get there I realize I don't have my hook or tongs so I just tail 'em. Back in July I got a call about a snake hiding in the engine compartment of an f-350. And of course it was a diesel so we had almost no acces into the engine. not to mention it was 20 miles outside of town. When I arrived the owner of the pickup said it's in their, pointing to the truck, upon taking a quick look I called 2 of my buddies and they arrived shortly afterwards. It took the 3 of us almost 4 hours and taking off skid plates fan shrouds and any thing else we could to get the bugger out. Fortunatley no one was bitten by the snake which was a western diamond back rattlesnake measuring 5 1/2 feet (average for our area). That was the first time I was really...REALLY worried about being bit because half the time we could not tell where he was in the vehicle. Do you have any snakes of your own currently?
No I gave that up with age but I worked in sweetwater and lamesa area
so I have been in some of the densest concentrations in our country.
I had a fascination with them in my youth much to the dismay of my family:laugh:I got a good spanking at age eight when my father found a snake in a jar in my toy box and I informed him it was a baby cottonmouth.

I have them at the farm sometimes and am not scared to catch them and relocate if necessary. I would now put the in a cloth sack as it calms them.

Free climbing in general is quite obviously not a responsible way to run a tree company. I can see some guys climbing to the top of limby trees to tie in, even though its not the safest way its generally faster unless you slip of course. But actually running a saw and rigging with out as much as a lanyard is just plain dumb and very unprofessional IMHO...

:hmm3grin2orange: shovel abuser lol :monkey:

I kilt a rattler... an et it. we were hiking for about 2 weeks in the monongahalia region when the sob scared the crap out of us. I screamed for my mommy and bashed its head in right quick. We charred it up for supper... it was NASTY though some Old Bay would have helped.
Some guy showed my how to make a necklace out of the rattle. I don't have it anymore more.

I kilt a rattler... an et it. we were hiking for about 2 weeks in the monongahalia region when the sob scared the crap out of us. I screamed for my mommy and bashed its head in right quick. We charred it up for supper... it was NASTY though some Old Bay would have helped.
Some guy showed my how to make a necklace out of the rattle. I don't have it anymore more.

Nasty heck no rattler is good fried bud. Monongahalia wtf:confused:

Native American

In pa we have the

Schuylkill river
Susquehana river
Monogahailia river
and the Delaware river. All Native American names.

We have them too Owash i ta river,and lake winona wildlife management area and others. When I lived in Nebraska I lived in the oregon trail on the little blue river much history in that land.

Last edited:
Is climbing safer with beer?

They say that driving after a beer or 2 is safer than driving sober because the delay in reflexes is overridden by the paranoia of drinking and driving. (ie you are worried, feeling guilty....extra cautious) I wonder if climbing is the same? (I am not endorsing this behavior, I just find it interesting) The same teacher pointed out that if you really want safe drivers simply put a 1 foot spike in the center of the steering wheel and see how much safer people drive.

They say that driving after a beer or 2 is safer than driving sober because the delay in reflexes is overridden by the paranoia of drinking and driving. (ie you are worried, feeling guilty....extra cautious) I wonder if climbing is the same? (I am not endorsing this behavior, I just find it interesting) The same teacher pointed out that if you really want safe drivers simply put a 1 foot spike in the center of the steering wheel and see how much safer people drive.

Yeah, I was really watching my P and Q's But I did feel Ok and I knew it BUT any more than what I allready had would have resulted in my decline of the job.
Its not like it could have waited til Monday. Now, do you want me to tell the story of when we worked at this IRISH guys house? That guy would not take NO for an answer.

Back