Nails needs a spanking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep digging ....

well first of all: Its not in the past. Go get up a tree like you used to and get someone to get some pics.

Oh God, this ain't good but here goes. Me, Callus, Keef, and Whistle Nuts where at this guys house. He was a total Irish freak with a very thick accent.
He would not let us leave until we came in to see his bar. And that is exactly what he had in his livingroom. A grand ole Irish pub, all they way across and up and down. Nothing but stout and tons of whiskey... from Ireland. Some was quite old.
We started with some Guiness and then the single malt taste test. Keef, not a drinker drove the top-kick home and I left my truck in the Irish guys garage after 4 hours. It stayed there all weekend til I felt well enough to go get it. We knew Keef was the DD when we went it, if not we would not have went.
Sure I could feel those 2 beers chasing that bird. Compared to how I feel by five pm under normal circumstance it wasn't that bad.
Key words are normal circumstance and in my case drinking on jobs is anything but normal. a lot of times we are offered beer by the homeowner. The Irish guy was the only time I accepted and I was sort of forced. You Irish guys. Seriously, he wasn't going to let us go.
Its is also true normal ,for one guy I know, to drain a small bottle of Jd in one shot. The next size down from 750ml. I am not that tough.
Go ahead, tear me a new one.

Last edited:

I think they have a learning curve problem here, there is another post with nothing in it but a sig. Or she is trying to be cryptic.

Or maybe a dig at my sorta backing Nels up. I don't agree with the treatment, but I give him credit for trying to learn new things.And he does not call himself an arborist.

I think they have a learning curve problem here, there is another post with nothing in it but a sig. Or she is trying to be cryptic.

Or maybe a dig at my sorta backing Nels up. I don't agree with the treatment, but I give him credit for trying to learn new things.And he does not call himself an arborist.

She is somehow trying to sell software like this.

BTW rope and SL: my grams had the perfect solution for those snakes,
its called the spaded shovel! :)

Well sure if you're a wimp. Last summer we caught (and released) over 92 snakes. 56 of them rattle snakes. Part of my interest comes from breeding them, the rest is just the coolness of them. If you have the time and room you can make tons of money off of breeding certain species and depending on what they look like. Example, regular Western Hognose, $45. An Albino Western Hognose, $1,300-$1,500. And that's just the lower end of the spectrum, there are some snakes on the market that bring up to $20,000 or more. I have a combined total of $3200 in reptiles. Now someone tell me snakes are no good.

I kilt a rattler... an et it. we were hiking for about 2 weeks in the monongahalia region when the sob scared the crap out of us. I screamed for my mommy and bashed its head in right quick. We charred it up for supper... it was NASTY though some Old Bay would have helped.
Some guy showed my how to make a necklace out of the rattle. I don't have it anymore more.

I'm being honest when I say, I did not believe you on that post until I looked it up. I was about to bash you because rattle snakes are only found in North, Central, and South America. I thought were talking about the other side of the globe until I remembered that Pennsylvania is one of many regions in the east and north east where the Timber rattle snake can be found. I looked in my Audubon book to be sure. I envy you for coming across it. We do not have them in this part of Texas, plus they are illegal to own in Texas, but not sure why though.

Last edited:
I'm being honest when I say, I did not believe you on that post until I looked it up. I was about to bash you because rattle snakes are only found in North, Central, and South America. I thought were talking about the other side of the globe until I remembered that Pennsylvania is one of many regions in the east and north east where the Timber rattle snake can be found. I looked in my Audubon book to be sure. I envy you for coming across it. We do not have them in this part of Texas, plus they are illegal to own in Texas, but not sure why though.

Not only that but I had a girlfriend who had a rattlesnake. She would get mad at me and throw my keys in the tank. Someone finally came along and threw her in the tank, the drunk tank... poor girl.

She also had a small ball python thay got out and was never seen again. A few weeks later the downstairs neighbor showed up missing a cat... we are not sure either but...

I think the eastern diamond back is what she had, it was pretty big, not as big as the boa my roomates had at another time.
They kept this thing in the bathtub. I say "kept" in the modest of ways. I was sitting in the living room when I spied low movement by the hall doorway. I got up and grabbed my 80 pound shepard just as the two were about to collide. The snake was moving so fast in a straight line, so was the dog, right at each other. It head was up and it was serious. I could see the power in the snake, the dog was just curious and wanted to play. Man, that snake would have hit that dog and wrapped him upso fast I would have had to get a kitchen knife. This snake left turds bigger than a great dane.
This is all really nothing though. My daycare had a cougar. Used to walk it down the street like a dog. It may sound odd and I have trouble believing it but my childhood friends remember too. My daycare was in the home of the Armbriester's, we lived in Narberth, Pa. They had a cougar and a big ass boa too. We played red light green light and ate pudding.

Not only that but I had a girlfriend who had a rattlesnake. She would get mad at me and throw my keys in the tank.

:laugh: A snake call I had 2 years ago, and the girl whom I met 1 week before that said she wanted to go with me, so I said sure, just stand back out of the way. It was a 5' diamond back in a large garden. Caught the rattler after 10 minutes of looking around. As soon as she saw it, she ran to my truck got in, shut the door, and locked it. had to drop her off, go back and get the snake (which I put in a snake bag) so I could let it go in the country. She refused to ride in the truck even with the snake sitting in the bed. Strange part though, is the boas, hognoses, and Goliath Tarantula did not bother her. I guess it was the venomous part of a rattle snake that freaked her out.

I think the eastern diamond back is what she had....
....This snake left turds bigger than a great dane.

The eastern is the biggest rattle snake in the world averaging 8-9 feet in length. I want one so, SO... SO... GIVE MY LEFT B@LL FOR IT... (wait, uhhh, maybe not that bad) VERY BADLY.
That's nothing a full grown 290 lb. Burmese Python can fill 2 5 gallon buckets if eating a 60 lb. pig once a month

The eastern is the biggest rattle snake in the world averaging 8-9 feet in length. I want one so, SO... SO... GIVE MY LEFT B@LL FOR IT... (wait, uhhh, maybe not that bad) VERY BADLY.
That's nothing a full grown 290 lb. Burmese Python can fill 2 5 gallon buckets if eating a 60 lb. pig once a month

YEAH! That what it was! Burmese. It was quite a monster. Oh did it stink! It sure did not seem to like having my dog around.
Those roomates also had some kind of poisonous gecko are something but it died real quick thankfully.
They didn't really have any money to feed the snake either so I had to hunt pigeons with a BB gun to keep it from eating anybody. It went through some pigeons. I shot one out of a palm tree and it flew and landed on the neighbors house. Like any good hunter I followed for the kill and took aim. The guy came running out all po'ed. I told him " Buddy, if I don't feed this dam snake it will eat your kids". Really, I know I should have not pointed the gun at the house but MAN I was desparate to feed this snake. It was a menance far worse than me. If it ever had gotten out of the house hungry... who knows. It was a college party house so anything could have happened.
This one punk rock dude passed out with his head in the toilet. He had no idea what was in the tub behind him til it woke his drunk arse up and he came running out screaming cause it tried to get friendly. He then passed out in a chair and we set his mohawk on fire... he slept through that.

I like to go to the islands and watch all the iguanas. They are a trip. Like squerils. So many running around and tearing the place up.

YEAH! That what it was! Burmese. It was quite a monster. Oh did it stink! It sure did not seem to like having my dog around.
Those roomates also had some kind of poisonous gecko are something but it died real quick thankfully.
They didn't really have any money to feed the snake either so I had to hunt pigeons with a BB gun to keep it from eating anybody. It went through some pigeons. I shot one out of a palm tree and it flew and landed on the neighbors house. Like any good hunter I followed for the kill and took aim. The guy came running out all po'ed. I told him " Buddy, if I don't feed this dam snake it will eat your kids". Really, I know I should have not pointed the gun at the house but MAN I was desparate to feed this snake.

One of my buddies has 2 albino burmese pythons that he breeds and sells the babies. He usually feeds each one 10 10 lb. rabbits. When he has the money he feeds them each one a 45 - 55 lb. pig. The venomous lizard would be a gila monster, one of two venomous lizards in the world. They can be found through out parts of Arizonia and the south west.

Last edited:
One of my buddies has 2 albino burmese pythons that he breeds and sells the babies. He usually feeds each one 10 10 lb. rabbits. When he has the money he feeds them each one a 45 - 55 lb. pig. The venomous lizard would be a gila monster, one of two venomous lizards in the world. They can be found through out parts of Arizonia and the south west.

Gila bad azz lizard indeedy good they don't produce like snakeheads!

Gila bad azz lizard indeedy good they don't produce like snakeheads!

And right again, Gila. They made a cage from an old tv and put the thing in there and fed it canned dog food. It died a few days later. THANK GOD!
I have entertained the thought of having and iguana as a pet but I would rather have a bunny rabbit.

Last edited:
And right again, Gila. They made a cage from an old tv and put the thing in there and fed it canned dog food. It died a few days later. THANK GOD!
I have entertained the thought of having and iguana as a pet but I would rather have a bunny rabbit.

I can catch you a cotton tail I have a gazilain on the farm:laugh:

We have them here big uns and they would rather bite than rattle:jawdrop:
We also have a rare variety called the rock rattler which is similar to the pigmy I had a feller tell me he would give top dollar if I caught one but have yet to see one. Pigmy's are very common here and I have a friend that almost died of ones bite!

I can catch you a cotton tail I have a gazilain on the farm:laugh:

My bro and I raised dutch rabbits. At one time we had well over 100. Sold em for meat mostly. My bets frineds dad bought 6 for his wedding. Hold em up by thier hind legs and WHAM in the back of the neck. I built the spit.
We would take them to auction and the Italian Market in South Philly which is now the mexican market ... its still in South Philly though

My bro and I raised dutch rabbits. At one time we had well over 100. Sold em for meat mostly. My bets frineds dad bought 6 for his wedding. Hold em up by thier hind legs and WHAM in the back of the neck. I built the spit.
We would take them to auction and the Italian Market in South Philly which is now the mexican market ... its still in South Philly though

Ohhhhhh yeah rabbit good just got to get out the woolves!
I love wabbit my mouths watering ok **** enough I am going to go kill one!

Ohhhhhh yeah rabbit good just got to get out the woolves!
I love wabbit my mouths watering ok **** enough I am going to go kill one!

Its really quite good, Mine were fat and juicy. Tender, succulent and divine. Nothing like rattlesnake.

" sum folk won't eat a snake but some folk will
like Cletus, the slack jawed yokel"

Rattler is good but rabbit is better but coon ain't all bad never duck though!

Carnivore will always taste different and be tougher, needing more long, slow cooking to break down the connective tissue. Kinda like doing a pork roast in a slow cooker.

When i was in the USMC we would put snake in a pot/dutch oven for a slow cook over a banked fire. Depended on how we got into the field and who wanted to hump what in for how long :laugh:

Rabbit tastes real good, especially if you fatten them up with oats and corn before "harvest" ;)

Latest posts

Back