Naive question.. Is tree service a good business?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbk125

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know people may not like this question but do well run tree service businesses make a lot of money? Is it common for someone to be wealthy from owning one?

Agreed. If it is run well, lots of room for growth and a good ROI. If it is run poorly, lots of opportunity for endless debt that you'll never dig out of.

Like any other business!

Define wealthy. I was sitting at a bar a couple months ago talking to a guy I'd never met. We started talking about high cost of living (it is high around here, very, very high) and he said he's targeting $4M in investments to retire. I was a little shocked, but 6% of $4M is $250k/year in proceeds. That's about what you need to comfortably retire here. I guess I'll never retire.

Define wealthy. I was sitting at a bar a couple months ago talking to a guy I'd never met. We started talking about high cost of living (it is high around here, very, very high) and he said he's targeting $4M in investments to retire. I was a little shocked, but 6% of $4M is $250k/year in proceeds. That's about what you need to comfortably retire here. I guess I'll never retire.
You are right, wealthy is all relative.. but I guess this is a good example. Making a few hundred thousand a year, eventually becoming a millionaire.

You are right, wealthy is all relative.. but I guess this is a good example. Making a few hundred thousand a year, eventually becoming a millionaire.

My two cents is this. If it's easy to do, everyone does it and there's too much "supply" for the "demand" for a given business. If it's hard to do, or requires special skills or equipment, it weeds out the people who can't or won't do it, making it more lucrative.

Back