Natural gas to wood conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodTick007

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have stumbled across a Buck Stove that is currently Natural Gas. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a natural gas to Wood conversion. It appears from the photos that the stove has slide dampers in the bottom of the doors. I was wondering if there is also some sort of damper in the top of the stove. It's a pretty good drive from me two look at it and although the price is very good it's not worth it to me even if it's free if the whole thing is just a big can of worms. The people bought the house and the homeowners prior to them put in the fireplace insert and either converted it two natural gas or bought it natural gas and installed it in the fireplace opening. The new homeowners want to burn wood in an open fireplace so they basically want it gone. They don't seem interested and taking pictures of the inside or being overly helpful other than showing me three or four pictures of the stove with the doors closed and the doors open but that's about it.

A friend recently had a gas well drilled on his property ,as part of his royaties he gets free gas .
He has a wood burning buck stove at his house,, He purchased a kit and made a gas burner out of the buck,basically added a burner and a gas valve and some kind of thermostat.
Check a little closer ,that may be the case with the stove your looking at

Most natural gas to firewood conversions do not involve stoves burning natural gas. Fireplaces burning NG are rather easy to convert to firewood because the gas line can then be used for a firewood lighter. Usually, the wood stove already burns firewood, not natural gas logs.

Back