Near new Canadien 276 and company...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got this old monster just this morning. Never thought I'd run across a PM276 in this condition.

You can't read the tag behind the handlebar, but it is clear that you do not use gear oil in this transmission. Just stick to good old 10W-30.

Canuck starter grip I guess. I'll keep it for the color contrast. Not sure about the paint job on the recoil cover.

Backside of gearcase is spotless. Sprocket doesn't look to have ever seen a chain.

Just a bit of surface rust from sitting around for 40 years, give or take.

I knew about the early blue top covers and the later red covers, but where does the green cover fit in?

Got this nice late model 270 last week. Just had to clean the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines and we were in business. Had it over at Mark's yesterday, and it didn't disappoint.

And an early model 270, rebuilt from the bottom up.

Beautiful collection of PM's Chris. Especially like the 276 and the 270. Looking forward to seeing them next week.

That has to be the meanest looking saw I have ever seen... Damn it looks good... Never hurt of it though

Thats a Saweeeeet collection of Canadiens Chris. Well done
on the 276. Probably never see another one that clean.
They're a neat saw indeed. One of my favorites.

Lee

Got this old monster just this morning. Never thought I'd run across a PM276 in this condition.

Ok, fess up now, you were not sure you would even ever find a 276, being in this condition is just a cherry on top the sundae.

Personally I'm about as excited as you are and cant wait to see it. :msp_thumbup:

A pair of 122cc Canadiens. Pay no attention to the blue paint job on the 275, it runs just fine.

The other just came in today. I bought it as a 275 but it turned out to be a 380 based on the serial number stamp. Has good compression at least.

Chris B.

A pair of 122cc Canadiens. Pay no attention to the blue paint job on the 275, it runs just fine.

The other just came in today. I bought it as a 275 but it turned out to be a 380 based on the serial number stamp. Has good compression at least.

Chris B.

A 380 is a good enough score. I know where there's three of those in New Zealand in great shape.

Chris B.

So I take it that the blue one isn't the one that needed a piston?

I can't keep up any more Lol.

Latest posts

Back