Need a 12" chipper that can be parked in a regular garage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny37

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, we are looking to finally add a chipper to our small company. Currently we do the small stuff in trailer / cut up dance and leave anything over 4 inches thick for firewood. Budget is 20k and feel like a 12" chipper will suit our needs. Bandit and Morbark seem to be simple / reliable machines. One constraint we have to get past is where we will be parking this chipper. It will need to be stored in a regular garage. So it needs to fit under 6'6". Most (maybe all?) appear to be between 7'6" and 8' tall. So perhaps we could cut the chute off and modify it so it can come off and on somewhat easily? Or is there a 12" machine that the chute can be cranked down? Any thoughts?

$20K is a generous budget for a low hour 12" chipper.

Chutes are heavy, detaching to garage park is not feasible IMO.

Modifying the chute presents safety hazards that lawyers salivate over. It will affect the value as well.

Accept that you'll be parking your chipper outside. Trying to reduce the height is one of those things that might seem reasonable, but would come back to haunt you forever if you attempted it.

I’m selling my 12 morbark twister. I just posted it in the tradin post forum

Back