need a electronic expert,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, been doing a ton of reading on difference cnc sites. One thing I have discovered is that my shaking and rattleing the table as it moves might be connected to travel speed. It seems not just one person, but several that have upgraded the electronic on the machine have found that the shakeing can only be controled by limiting the ipm speed at 10ipm-40ipm. 20ipm seems to be the sweet spot. Not exactly burning up the chip charts. anyways, I am going to slow down my jog speeds and see if that help. One other thing, some folks are replacing the factory servos, as well as all the drivers with nema steppers. Some are keeping the factory servos and just updateing the drivers and software. I am very undecided as what to do next. I will have to learn the prototrak software in order to do any cnc work on this machine.I do intend to build a plasma and router table. This would mean learning some other software. I tried to learn autocad and rhino once before. I didnt find it easy at all. Of course that was before youtube and all the current training videos. I I know a lot of machine manufacturers use their own software versions for specific machines, but If I am going to spend the time to learn a soft ware, I would rather learn one that I can use or adapt to differenet kinds of machines. So, if anybody has a favorite, tell me the like and dislikes. I also dont want a software that stores my files on the cloud. I would much rather just store anything I might design on my computer and thumb drives. Free is also good, but I dont mine paying something as long as its a pay once and it dont cost $1000's.

Back