Need a "Little" Lombard, Dynamark, and maybe others, Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had the saw pictured below for quite some time and have been keeping my eyes open for a correct muffler for as it didn't come to me with one. I fudged an old SXL muffler onto it to get it running but it was a poor excuse as a permanant muffler. It runs very well and is quite scrappy for its 39ccs. It has come to my attention that this saw may have sold under different brand names like Dynamark...and probably others. I would like to (1) find a muffler for it, (2) like to find out what other brands this was sold under to broaden my search to find a muffler for it, (3) find any information at all on these saws.
Mike Acres site shows these saws and says that they were made by Quadra Mfging in B.C.
This one says on the tag, Campbell-Hausfeld...Made in U.S.A.
??????????
They were made in the "Regular" 36cc version as well as the "Super" 39cc version. Has anyone seen or have any information on this saw or any other brands that look like this?? Thanks...

I'll try to make the pictures show up for you.

186893d1307798333-lombard-001-jpg

186894d1307798396-lombard-005-jpg

186895d1307798451-lombard-002-jpg

186896d1307798495-lombard-004-jpg

186896d1307798495-lombard-004-jpg

Robin, after seeing these pictures I can assure you that they were also the same as some of the Dynamarks that I have seen.

Other then that I have no other wisdom for you but will keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
The Quadra engines were used in a lot of different saws as well as model airplanes.

The Quadra engines are still being made. They are in Pennsylvania now.

Common sizes were 35cc 40-42cc 50cc 75cc and 100cc

google quadraengines.com

You can also google bennett built for parts

I doubt you will find a muffler from them that will fit your application?

Thanks w8ye.........I am still puzzeled by the fact that acres says these were made by Quadra from BC but if you look on the tag (last pics in my post but Mark didn't get that one to show) on this saw it says Made in U.S.A.???? You know anything about that or thoughts??

Quadra was indeed in Canada but it was in Ontario I thought?

There was a related company in the USA that made a US41cc engine much like the Quadra42cc.

Apparently, the original Quadra has gone out of business and the products have been absorbed by the USA company. This is the current company you will find with a search on Google called Quadra Aerrow

There was another offshoot of the original Quadra 50. It is not a clamshell engine. The Quadra 50 has been redesigned with more modern porting in recent years to be the Quadra 52. This may be a different search?

You can find mention of most of this after a lot of Google work?

Put the www. in front of the name below.

quadraaerrow.com
(860) 430-3464
Quadra-Aerrow International, LLC
911 New London Tpke,
Glastonbury, CT 06033

I've got this...

attachment.php
I picked this Lombard up at an auction last month, I could be talked out of it pretty cheap, as I don't need it

The saw was most likely made in Harrison, Ohio as the Lumbards were made there from 1973 until 1984 when the company went out of the chainsaw business.

Harrison is west of Cincinnati, OH on the Indiana state line.

There's a Bennett built company that sells a muffler that would fit this engine. It is all aluminum and has two 1/2" pipes that would stick up each side of the spark plug?? Google Bennett Built or B&B? They might be able to make one special for you or sell you an unmachined one?

I need to clear up some confusion here

Lombard only made their own engines for a few years in the mid 60's.

Originally they had Homelite engines then they had Power Products engines into the early 60's

The Quadra company made engines that were used in several different brands of saws. Quadra was in Canada.

When I was growing up, we lived next to a guy who was a regional salesman for Lumbard and I was around the saws a lot on the week ends.

Seems as I remember some having West Bend engines also?

I never saw one with a genuine Lumbard engine. The guy moved to Shreveport, LA around 1962. That was the last time I saw a Lumbard saw.

The saw was most likely made in Harrison, Ohio as the Lumbards were made there from 1973 until 1984 when the company went out of the chainsaw business.

Harrison is west of Cincinnati, OH on the Indiana state line.

There's a Bennett built company that sells a muffler that would fit this engine. It is all aluminum and has two 1/2" pipes that would stick up each side of the spark plug?? Google Bennett Built or B&B? They might be able to make one special for you or sell you an unmachined one?

Yes...that's what the pic of the tag says (Lombard 006.jpg)
Campbell-Hausfeld
Division of the Scott & Fetzer Co.
Harrison, Ohio 45030 Mase in U.S.A.

I need to clear up some confusion here

Lombard only made their own engines for a few years in the mid 60's.

Originally they had Homelite engines then they had Power Products engines into the early 60's

The Quadra company made engines that were used in several different brands of saws. Quadra was in Canada.

When I was growing up, we lived next to a guy who was a regional salesman for Lumbard and I was around the saws a lot on the week ends.

Seems as I remember some having West Bend engines also?

I never saw one with a genuine Lumbard engine. The guy moved to Shreveport, LA around 1962. That was the last time I saw a Lumbard saw.

Yes...I am a little familiar with Lombards as my first saw ever was a 3A Woodlot Wonder and that had the Power Products engine (77cc) I aquired that in seventh grade. It was very worn and used...but you know boys...I was proud as could be. LOLOL!!!

attachment.php
I picked this Lombard up at an auction last month, I could be talked out of it pretty cheap, as I don't need it

That looks like the ticket!! A bit different...perhaps newer...or perhaps a "Delux" model or "Super Delux" model LOL!!! It looks pretty intact...I'm guessing not running? Does it have any identifying stickers on the clutch cover telling what it is??

PM sent

Digging this back up for an update.....Ryan is sending me the saw pictured above. They are slightly different but I'm sure the muffler will work fine. (Thanks again Ryan!!)
I don't usually pay much attention to little weird saws like this, especially if they are under 50cc or so. But this little Lombard was the wifes grandfathers saw. He was a super nice old guy (town father,deacon of the church etc) anyway a much loved guy by everyone. After he passed away the family decided to sell his property as everyone had their own lives/places. Well we had to clean out the barn....huge old two story barn....I don't think he ever threw any type of metal away. It was exciting, sort of, at first...you know a yard saler, barn saler's dream. Well it became quickly apparent that not one single thing in the whole barn was together and usable/ Everything was broken, bent or never was any good!!! Unreal!! Out of 20 ton truck loads of stuff that went to the dump, I took this saw (with no muffler) but in real good condition, a saftey razor, (that looked good but was later found that you could only use one side to shave with...the other side would cause bloodshed), a chain binder (with a bent handle) but worked otherwise, and an ax head (with a broken handle).

Well...I threw the bloody razor in the trash....hung the ax head on a new handle but it will NOT hold an edge....at all....broke the bent handled chain binder (threw that away).... so all I have left is a useless ax and this itty-bitty saw with no muffler (which I have had running) Only time will tell if I've made a wise choice LOLOL!!! But I will have a later update when the saw from Ryan gets here!!!!

Latest posts

Back