Need arborist license to purchase new husky saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, no!! That's a whack job dealer!!

Car dealerships don't even care if you have a driver license to sell you a car.

I guess they fear Liability concerns for selling some tight girl Jean wearing lumbersexual millineal a pro saw with a two foot bar and him laying his thigh open with the "blade". To avoid this he may say this to dissuade them. But when he was there I guess the dealer somehow realized this guy had run a saw or two before and more than the "Big farm Boss" or "Rancher 460" or even the ms170, so he sold him a saw?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Up here u can’t finalize a sale on a car without a licence or proof of insurance. I wanted to tow a newer truck home from a dealer cause my insurance wasn’t in order at the time. They were not going to let it happen, no matter how much money I had.

Anywho back to huskybills question, I have only heard of this happening in the UK for top handle saws... apparently too dangerous thus licence is needed ? :crazy:

Up here they don’t care if you are an arborist or your in the Haberdashery business lol they will sell you a saw!

Sounds like a dealer that thinks it’s a privilege to buy from them!!!

Can you give us a general location? Chances are someone here knows and may be able to shed light on the reasoning.
Maybe he had morals and didn't want to see the buyer get hurt? Like a barmaid not serving a minor?
Had to have a good reason to possibly miss a sale.

I'm betting on New York, it sounds like a Bloombergian thing to me.

Ill bet there aint too many of those video gaming fools could even lift and run a 90cc saw

Most video game fools can lift 20 lbs. I grew up playing video games, and competitive powerlifting. I even have a couple arcades in my game room.
Many of them may not be able to run a 90cc saw safely, I'll give you that.
But ive never heard of a dealer denying a sale because of an arborist liscense. More dangerous sales take place. They sale teenagers 1000cc sportbikes and 700 cc atvs every day. I know.....I bought one of each before I turned 20.

120cc? Jeeze you’re making my back hurt thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all about having fun. [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

This was in Connecticut we’re the dealer asked for a arborists license.

I hope he didn’t think the kid was going to climb and trim trees with a husky 390 Xp with a 36” bar.? Lol

You’re right I don’t need a 70cc with a 20 inch bar.

Instead i need a ported 120cc with a 4’ bar[emoji38]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
To each their own, I fully support people buying what they want.
I don’t ‘need’ a pro saw, I want a pro saw
I sure didn’t need my 372, but I bought it cause I wanted it. Heavy yes, fun yes, I don’t need to justify anything to anyone :numberone:

I guess they fear Liability concerns for selling some tight girl Jean wearing lumbersexual millineal a pro saw ...

I don't see what difference it makes whether it's a "pro saw" or a homeowner special. One will rip your face off just as fast as the other, if not faster.

If anything, the "homeowner" saw with 14" bar will trim your eyebrows in a kickback quicker than the "pro saw" 660 with a 28"

Just as with Pekinese yap dogs, the smaller and lighter they are, the snappier they are, IME.

[QUOTE="Huskybill, post: 7049306, member: 156900" not sure I’ll find out.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen smaller saws kick out of the cut with as much Force as the big ones.

We must pay attention on what we’re doing when operating dangerous equipment. Not thinking about how good Betty Lou will smell tonight.

I told my sons and his buddy it’s a new ball game with the 390 Xp saw. More power becareful. I never told them about the close calls I had with the 2100.

I’ve seen smaller saws kick out of the cut with as much Force as the big ones.

We must pay attention on what we’re doing when operating dangerous equipment. Not thinking about how good Betty Lou will smell tonight.

I told my sons and his buddy it’s a new ball game with the 390 Xp saw. More power becareful. I never told them about the close calls I had with the 2100.
Me too, my 550 has quite the kick back when I plunge cut with it, much more than the 372, I think it has everything to do with chain speed, angle of cutter, and weight of saw.
Every time I show someone how to use a saw I always indicate the kick back zone on the bar.

“Don’t let the wood touch this area first... ever”

If you ever have to give quick advice, and quick advice only
IMO this would be it

I had a wide open 2100 with a 24” bar at the bottom of bucking a large tree at the bottom of the cut she kicked straight back into my leg. I should of been standing to the left side of the saw it would of missed me. This was the very beginning of using a chain saw.

Every time I show someone how to use a saw I always indicate the kick back zone on the bar.

“Don’t let the wood touch this area first... ever”

If you ever have to give quick advice, and quick advice only
IMO this would be it

When a friend of mine (who had only run an electric chainsaw) borrowed my saw once, that's exactly what I told him...didn't want him to feel like I was "talking down" to him, so I made it quick and clear, showing him exactly how (and where) the saw would kick back if he touched the tip to something...

Years ago we were told of talk of Husky and Stihl putting in limits on who could purchase professional saws, basically you’d need to be an accredited logger or equivalent.

Who's to say what classes as "accredited" though?

Had a customer loading firewood and i offered him anything in the cull.lumber pile to use to protect the windows of his camper shell.

Normally we just will cut stuff for people, but it was a day where i was trying to be 4 people at once, so I just brought over the cordless circular saw.

"Know how to run this, right?"

Sure

"Ok, dont put the fingees anywhere you wouldnt put the weinie. Oh, and if you decide to amputate body parts, I have no idea who you are"
:laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back