Need Asplund JEX manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I call the wedge bar is the anvil. It has 4 edges that can be used. The knives cut the brush on the anvil. It should be a nice perfect edge to work best. When all four edges are rounded over, you need a new anvil. Usually around 80. bucks.
John

oh yes. The cutter bar. I need to take that off next and check it along with the floor plate. The chipper came with 3 new cutter bars and one half worn. $80 bucks for one seems a little steep, I better make mine last then.

Question - my JEI manual doesnt show minimum blade depth - When can these blades be sharpened down to a point that it is simply too short to use in the machine any longer?

Also, I had to cut off the flexible metal tube from the blower housing to the chute. Looked like some kind of flexible exhaust tubing. would a regular rubber or plastic hose be acceptable for this application? any specific recommendations?

Matt

My JEX manual doesn't show minimums either. I'd imagine when the blades don't reach the flanges at the bottom of the housing. My book says the blade should just clear the flanges and cutter bar by 1/32". My chipper came with a big rubber hose on my chute. It worked fine. The book says wiremold air hose 4" i.d. x 24" long type#86.??

John

wow what a difference.... its almost quiet... got it all together with a little pounding with a sledge to tap the bearings in and some longer bolts to guide the stuff in..everything basically slid right on. the biggest difference was lowering the anvil or cutter bar all the way and bringing the short blades all the way to edge of the round part of the bearing housing and then lifting the cutter bar to meet the 1/32 requirement.. wow it actually yanks stuff out of my hand again.... whoopee... lets see 2 bearings at 680., 1 broken bushing getting flywheel off at 161., 2 machine shop assists at about 340., wow 1181. lot more expensive than i was told but its done and i wont have to worry about it for years. Almost wanna advertise for Asplundh Mechanic now. lol
John

Hello Everyone! I'm looking for any information about what looks like a Ashplundh JEX 12" whisper chipper, I don't have any information nor any tags, plaques, that I can find model or serial numbers. Any idea to where can I look around the chipper to find any information, will be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back