Need assistance tracking down a builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy aka @Mastermind Worksaw , and maybe @mdavlee know him, as do a lot of other guys on this forum. He’s been pulling this **** for years... I doubt you’ll ever see your saws, but you should at least try to get the money back on your credit card.

I’ve not had contact with him since I bought his old lathe in 2015/2016 if I remember right.

Do any of the members here live near him and can knock on his front door? I think we need a nationwide door knocking inforcement team to resolve people taking money and not answering phones.
I kinda wish I lived in Tennessee now, I love doing "collections". I completely agree with the idea of a Nationwide enforcement team. I'm in Iowa, if it ever happens to anyone near here I'm in!!!

There's a thread about WWS on the other site and it doesn't make the builder look good at all. I truly don't understand how someone can be so shady. If you pay me to do work i'll do exactly as promised and this applies to all aspects of my life. I could never just flat out screw someone over or lie to them about when it will get done. Honesty, reliability, and communication is key to run any successful business.
He used to too make posts very similar to yours saying exactly the same thing. Like you, he had a vested interest in saying EXACTLY the same thing.

He used to too make posts very similar to yours saying exactly the same thing. Like you, he had a vested interest in saying EXACTLY the same thing.

Hey now don’t get me involved in this. I have a good day job. I work on saws for fun. And when I said that I really meant it. Both my parents owned or still own their own business. I understand and have seen what it takes to run a good company. I don’t run with the type of people who could take your money and never be seen again that’s not in my dna.

Hey now don’t get me involved in this. I have a good day job. I work on saws for fun. And when I said that I really meant it. Both my parents owned or still own their own business. I understand and have seen what it takes to run a good company. I don’t run with the type of people who could take your money and never be seen again that’s not in my dna.
I'm not suggesting your anything like him, just that what people say about their personal high morality on a public forum should be taken with a grain of salt. My experience is that those who truly are of high moral character don't feel the need to point it out in a public place. If what is written is to be believed most members are outstanding individuals, highly honest & full of moral character. The fact is this is simply not the case. Ratbags exist here, there & everywhere.

Terry would be on here with a policing approach when an unknown builder started a thread to offer his services.
In this one thread I remember he got a bit more friendly and helpful and gave him a path once he realised he was no threat.

Oh the irony, looking back as Terry was coaching him to a path to the 'keys of the city' in building up the trust with the community.

Terry would be on here with an policing approach when an unknown builder started a thread to offer his services.
In this one thread I remember he got a bit more friendly and helpful and give him a path once he realised he was no threat.

Oh the irony, looking back as Terry was coaching him to a path to the 'keys of the city' in building up the trust with the community.

I sure hate to hear these kinds of stories. I did a search and found similar stories on another forum. One can find them like I did if one googles Wicked Work Saws.

Wicked Work saws.PNG

I guess I am a simple minded person but I cannot imagine buying a $7-800 dollar saw then sending it to someone I never met based on the cheering section of other people I never met. I hope the out come is good but I think your saws are all gone sorry to say.

I guess I am a simple minded person but I cannot imagine buying a $7-800 dollar saw then sending it to someone I never met based on the cheering section of other people I never met. I hope the out come is good but I think your saws are all gone sorry to say.
It happens everyday, from within the country & overseas. Terry was so well endorsed, when he fell on tough times members got together & raised near $20k for his hardships. MANY people donated money, saws, time/labor his way. At least he was honest in naming his business, WWS turned out to be truly wicked. I've met nuns & people that dedicate their lives to charity & they wouldn't see 1% of the glowing praise a mainstream saw builder will on a saw forum.

Randy aka @Mastermind Worksaw , and maybe @mdavlee know him, as do a lot of other guys on this forum. He’s been pulling this **** for years... I doubt you’ll ever see your saws, but you should at least try to get the money back on your credit card.
Call Randy Mastermind I bet he knows about him. I have the phone number.

I wouldn't send such saw(s) across the street, to my brother, a master mechanic, who offered to do it for free. The 461 is a great saw out of the box. I have been using mine steadily for 4 years, and it has had zero problems, required near zero maintenance (maybe 1 spark plug, and blowing the clean the air filter), so why mess with it?

If you need a faster more powerful saw, just buy a faster more powerful saw. I did all the BS tinkering when I was a teenager with my motorcycles. I did grow out of that phase about 40 years ago.

Is that an address and phone number for this person. And would anybody be interested in saws, parts, guns, etc. that I might find along the road on the way to go talk to Terry about his business practices. tbh2012, you stay home, because if you have waited ten months, you are not the person for this discussion. Steve

You aren't either.

Call Randy Mastermind I bet he knows about him.

Randy is not inclined to say much about the situation. I've asked him about it. It should be fairly evident that the wheels have fallen off for the guy one way or another..., well beyond his ability to effectively manage his personal situation. Doesn't excuse anything, but could certainly explain some things.

It happens everyday, from within the country & overseas. Terry was so well endorsed, when he fell on tough times members got together & raised near $20k for his hardships. MANY people donated money, saws, time/labor his way. At least he was honest in naming his business, WWS turned out to be truly wicked. I've met nuns & people that dedicate their lives to charity & they wouldn't see 1% of the glowing praise a mainstream saw builder will on a saw forum.

Sometimes you pay dearly for a coveted seat at the cool kid's table. Next thing ya know your chair is gone and they're stealin' your lunch money and callin' ya names. Used to happen all the time around here. Probably still does in some circles. Just not mine anymore.

The price of vanity and validation in any elitist/clique environment can occasionally be quite high with tough lessons learned about one's self if one is smart enough to look the experience square in the face for what it is and not rationalize it away as something it's not..., good or bad. That includes the 'in crowd' as well as the wanna be's and cast-offs.

Also why I don't like the charities when they pop up. Always for a good cause it seems. I've contributed to some. Thing is, 95% of the contributors wouldn't see squat if they fell on hard times and a non-recognizable member started a charity for any of em. The double standard is glaring.

Unless you're somebody in these types of venues, you're not. Takes time and some degree of long-term integrity to earn credibility. Some folks think you can buy it. Sometimes you can..., with a hot name builder's sticker on a saw for a few posts in a thread. Then you're just another face in the crowd again..., with a shiny new saw..., or maybe not.

I'm not casting any particular aspersions any particular person's way, here. Just tossing my general impression of forum dynamics out there for whatever it may be worth to whomever. Been in one forum or another since the screen was black and the cursor was green..., and many of you were in grade school, if even born.

Pretty much seen it all..., except a guy like Landrum turning it around and making good on every bad deal and person he ever screwed.

There is a first time for everything. One can only hope this gets turned around one day even though the odds are not very favorable.

Word has it Terry used to be a good guy.

But any builder with a big mouth is just another a-hole to me. My business would go elsewhere for that reason alone. Choose your builder very carefully.

Back