Need bar advice for pro mac 610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zz rich

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to go through some 24' pine. My pro mac 610 only has a 16' bar right now. What would be the "optimum" bar length for cutting this diamater wood ? (I am thinking about 20") Also are the bars for the mac readily available ? Thanks in advance !

I saw some bars on Baileys, not sure what to choose. I dont know the difference between a "narrow kerf" bar and a normal one. They have some bars that they say fit the timber bear, which from what I hear is the same saw. Thanks in advance !

I need to go through some 24' pine. My pro mac 610 only has a 16' bar right now. What would be the "optimum" bar length for cutting this diamater wood ? (I am thinking about 20") Also are the bars for the mac readily available ? Thanks in advance !

I saw some bars on Baileys, not sure what to choose. I dont know the difference between a "narrow kerf" bar and a normal one. They have some bars that they say fit the timber bear, which from what I hear is the same saw. Thanks in advance !

610 & timber bear have same mount use standard 50ga bar 3/8 pitch ,24 is ok for pine but 20'' is best, saw only has 60ccs good old saws i ran one for 10yrs......

610 & timber bear have same mount use standard 50ga bar 3/8 pitch ,24 is ok for pine but 20'' is best, saw only has 60ccs good old saws i ran one for 10yrs......
+1 I like the 20'' on mine the saw is a bit more heavy than my 2159 and has great balance with the 20'' bar on it plus less bending wile limbing.No mater what the nay Sayers say the 610 is a good one!My 3.7 Eager beaver is getting ready to go out with my 7900 tomorrow to get some firewood for a friend of mine.

Sounds good. I am going to go with the 20". I really cant beat the $25.00 I paid for the saw ! Heck, the new bar and chain are gonna cost more than that:cheers:

Oh, and retired redneck, I love your sig ! Lmao !

Replacement bars are available from 16"-28". OEM 24" and 28" bar and chain combos are often listed on Ebay. I've only run the original 20" on mine. If you opt for a longer bar, be sure to get non-safety chain. The oiler is adjustable, and the LH button is the manual oiler for when you need more than the automatic provides.

While it may not have the greatest power to weight ratio, they seem to be long-lived, and sound great! :cheers:

Replacement bars are available from 16"-28". OEM 24" and 28" bar and chain combos are often listed on Ebay. I've only run the original 20" on mine. If you opt for a longer bar, be sure to get non-safety chain. The oiler is adjustable, and the LH button is the manual oiler for when you need more than the automatic provides.

While it may not have the greatest power to weight ratio, they seem to be long-lived, and sound great! :cheers:

Got it running today. Just went down to my local Lawn mower shop and got some new fuel line and a filter. (the old line had crumbled). Cleaned the tank out and filled her up with 40 to 1. Fired up on the third try !:cheers: Idles and runs great. Used it to cut some green pine. And I love the sound, my son says it sounds like a motorcycle.

Thanks for the tip about the manual oiler. The auto is working, but could use an extra squirt !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back