Need help finding replacement part for log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakotalawdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
22 Ton Forest King splitter. Had it for years and it has worked great. A cast "collar" split and I've searched the internet trying to find a replacement. It basically sits between the control handle and the hydraulic control valve and provides leverage so you can operate the handle.

I've found some that come as an entire hydraulic control valve - but I would really not like to spend $150 just to get a $5 part. From what I've seen, this is a pretty common part and looks identical to ones I've seen on other splitter brands.

Of course, coming from Menard's the customer service / ability to find a manual has been fruitless. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

IMG_8073-1024x768.jpg

IMG_8075-1024x768.jpg

Good ya found it. I have the same problem. Need a part but dont know what stuff is called. Lol

JB Weld might fix that old one, done some strange things with that stuff -

No way that JB Weld would be able to hold up to the pressure on that. JB Weld is fine for sticking plastic trim together and stuff like that, but not a whole lot more. Could weld that piece though.

weld- really depends on what its made of - some of that stuff just isn't weldable particularly if a white metal of some type (porous as heck) + oil - if ya got a friend with a vertical mill could make a new one.

That is great news...I was in the same predicament a few years back and didn't have any luck locating one. I ended up having the kids at the local tech school manufacture one for me. Though not identical, it did the trick. Nice going. I'm keeping that link handy just in case it happens again. Clicking away is much easier.

You wonder if these new 3D printers could scan that and make it in a hard plastic??

That end cap does not hold the 2000+ psi in that valve, all that happens inside the valve - If what you said was fact, when the cap failed it would shoot the spool out like an ICBM.

Tractor Supply has some. I had that part break on my Veermer Stump Grinder. Only problem was the mounting holes were reversed so that one handle was pointing down instead of up. I'd try TS, most of the wood splitters use similar valves, Joe.

good sized hose clamp would work, this holds no pressure it is just a mounting point-push block for handle!!!

Latest posts

Back