Need help Identifying a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasandsons

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could provide some information on a tree that I saw here in New Hampshire. It is approximatly 5 feet tall and has deep purple flowers. This tree has had its flowers since the mid spring and still continues to bloom. The leaf is somewhat similar in shape to a Dogwood's. I have asked at a local nursery, but they did not know what type of tree it is.

give us a little more info if you can . are the leaves opposite eachother or not , are the flowers single or in clusters. It is blooming right now? How about PawPaw ( Asimina triloba ). It should be done blooming now. Its not a Lilac or a Magnolia? Also earlier bloom. How about Stewartia it is more white though but it blooms late. Let us know more info about it ok? thanks john

Could be a rose of sharon, they bloom pretty much the whole season, I haven't seen any deep purple ones but it wouldn't suprise me. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 different color ones.

The flowers are definitly a deep purple. They are single flowers, but very abundant. The leaves are dark green. This tree has been blooming non stop since early to mid spring. Went by it this past Saturday and it is still bearing flowers. It is an awesome looking tree. I really wish I could find some information on it.

I have also taken a small branch section to a local nursery, which has tried to find out what it is, but to no avail.

Is it possible to root start a branch from a tree specimen. If so, what steps do I need to take?

Thanks for the replies.

If it is Rose of sharon, they put out alot of seed. The ones I have pop up everywhere in the yard. Look for the pods this fall and you should be good for next spring.

Latest posts

Back