Need help on Echo CS 60S oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoesnsocks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just cracking into the bar oil system and doing a little diagnosis. I've never worked on a saw this old and am very unfamiliar with the old manual pumps.

The first thing I've noticed is oil does seem to weep out from this bolt with a hole in it. The reservoir is full to the brim right now and I can watch the oil come out of the hole.

Does this tell me anything about the system not working properly? I work the pump, but nothing comes out the weep hole next to the bar.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200602_125042.jpg
    MVIMG_20200602_125042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • MVIMG_20200602_125048.jpg
    MVIMG_20200602_125048.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 13
Alright so I noticed that a small amount of oil comes out of the hose at the end of the line, but I have to wait a good 30 seconds before working the pump again if I want to see any more oil.

I took off the Carb and took this picture. The Automatic oiler assembly is almost $100, and the oil pump is discontinued.

ATTACH=full]832945[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200602_141031.jpg
    MVIMG_20200602_141031.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
The hole you refer to is the tank vent . the oiler system is the weak part of this saw. very often the tank oil pipe is missing or rotten away. Parts are rare and expensive. not worth repairing if you need to buy new parts, but that's me

lube system.jpg

That particular pump was a unique impulse driven pump in the Echo lineup. It is worth pulling it down, because they oil very well when healthy. The ball and spring check valves can stick and it will pull/push air through the manual pump. As well, the plunger in the body of the auto impulse pump can hang up if it has been sitting for a long while. There is a lot of plumbing to work through, but the system/pipes/fittings are well made and robust. As mentioned, make sure the the pickup line is sound and the seal to the copper line is tight. If the seal is tight it should still oil temporarily (with a tank full to the top) even if the pickup line had deteriorated and fallen off provided there are no hung up checks or impulse plunger.

Mine had hung up checks and needed the auto assembly cleaned out. I know I took a few pics of the system when I had it apart, but it was many saws and moons ago. I'll see if I can find them.

That particular pump was a unique impulse driven pump in the Echo lineup. It is worth pulling it down, because they oil very well when healthy. The ball and spring check valves can stick and it will pull/push air through the manual pump. As well, the plunger in the body of the auto impulse pump can hang up if it has been sitting for a long while. There is a lot of plumbing to work through, but the system/pipes/fittings are well made and robust. As mentioned, make sure the the pickup line is sound and the seal to the copper line is tight. If the seal is tight it should still oil temporarily (with a tank full to the top) even if the pickup line had deteriorated and fallen off provided there are no hung up checks or impulse plunger.

Mine had hung up checks and needed the auto assembly cleaned out. I know I took a few pics of the system when I had it apart, but it was many saws and moons ago. I'll see if I can find them.

This is great news!

[QUOTE = "Hoggwood, publicación: 7310268, miembro: 121745"]
Encontré un par de fotos. Necesitaba un par de juntas tóricas nuevas mientras estaba en eso también.

View attachment 833229View attachment 833230
[/CITAR]
Hola, ¿podría darme más información sobre qué detalles tener en cuenta para el desarme y si es necesario cambiar algún embalaje? Gracias

Back