Need help rebuilding Funk PTO on a Morbark 200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip2753

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m a newbie on this site. I just picked up an 84 Morbark Eeger Beever 200 chipper with a Ford 444 Diesel engine with a Funk F10B-1 PTO. The PTO was already out of the bell housing because it needs a complete overhaul or replacement.

Foley is able to rebuild the clutch and pressure plate and replace the throw out bearing for me but a bearing spun on the shaft at the flywheel so I to to either get a machine shop to fix the shaft or replace it. Here’s a picture of the problem:

The other challenge I facing is I can’t figure out how to remove the shiv from the PTO shaft. It has a key way but I’m not familiar with how it is attached and removed. I don’t want to break anything learning. Here’s a picture of that end of the shaft:

thanks in advance for any help and advice or maybe someone has parts.

Attachments

• 507E41D1-31A3-4DFC-B338-AF3CD24A3DAE.jpeg
    507E41D1-31A3-4DFC-B338-AF3CD24A3DAE.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 17
  • A617D876-8AF5-436E-83CF-15A14F1D5A33.jpeg
    A617D876-8AF5-436E-83CF-15A14F1D5A33.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 13
I’m a newbie on this site. I just picked up an 84 Morbark Eeger Beever 200 chipper with a Ford 444 Diesel engine with a Funk F10B-1 PTO. The PTO was already out of the bell housing because it needs a complete overhaul or replacement.

Foley is able to rebuild the clutch and pressure plate and replace the throw out bearing for me but a bearing spun on the shaft at the flywheel so I to to either get a machine shop to fix the shaft or replace it. Here’s a picture of the problem:

The other challenge I facing is I can’t figure out how to remove the shiv from the PTO shaft. It has a key way but I’m not familiar with how it is attached and removed. I don’t want to break anything learning. Here’s a picture of that end of the shaft:

Send me a private e-mail to
[email protected]

Just wanted to update this thread to help others in a similar situation. I ended up junking the Funk PTO and replaced it with a drop in replacement from Stein Manufacturing. All in cost including new clutch package and linkage was about $900.

I had to destroy the shaft to remove the shiv but it didn’t matter since it was being replaced anyway.

Back