Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy need help! stihl 046 carb.

Discussion in 'Chainsaw Parts' started by Cas101326, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cas101326

Cas101326 ArboristSite Member

i have a 044 im turning into a 046 hybrid, and i noticed that the 046 shows a different carb than the 044. not only that but the two carbs my baileys book shows for the 044 is both walbros and the one thats on mine is a zama. this saws cylinder has been decked, exaust port slightly opened, and two one inch pipes coming out of the muffler, so i dont want it to be shorted on the fuel side by any means. hoping i can get a 046 carb (baileys book shows Walbro HD-16C), and also will need a 044/046 top cover with hole for decomp because my 044 doesnt have one

2. Thoroughbred

Thoroughbred ArboristSite Lurker

3. Payson Oberly

Payson Oberly ArboristSite Lurker

If you were to get a decomp plug would your 044 top cover fit? Could eliminate getting a new top plate, and super cheap

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Cas101326

Cas101326 ArboristSite Member

Actually found one for $22! Should be here any time. And yes that’s the new plan I recon

suttererman85 likes this.
  5. OLDTIMER TECH

OLDTIMER TECH ArboristSite Lurker

You'll gain more power by using high octane fuel and resetting ignition timing a few degrees going to a 46 carburetor won't do much for you you want a combination of speed and torque not just speed just the right back pressure on the exhaust will get you where you want to be