Need help with my MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocalex

Reaction score
Okay so I’m trying to learn more about my saws and play around with them I have a ms170 and 290 also which are fine but my ms250 I took the carburetor out and remover the limiter caps on the h and l screw and I can’t get my saw to run smoothly no matter how much I turn and play around with the screws so if somebody knows the standard setting for the screws if you screwed them in all the way that would be so helpful cause then I’ll be able to adjust them better from there

Chuck the 250, worst saw for starting I ever had. I replaced it with a 251c and am happy with it
. Temperamental, but always start it the same way. I do 4 pumps , 3 pulls at full choke and 1 off choke for the first start-up, then its usually one pull, but its a long cord.

Don't know that but I always turn them out 3 turns and go from there. Get the top end running good then work on the bottom end adjusting the l screw until it idles good and has good response. Any chance you messed up the gasket when u took the carb off and caused an air leak? Usually you can screw a dry wall screw Into the limiter cap and pull it off. No need to remove the carb.

Okay so I’m trying to learn more about my saws and play around with them I have a ms170 and 290 also which are fine but my ms250 I took the carburetor out and remover the limiter caps on the h and l screw and I can’t get my saw to run smoothly no matter how much I turn and play around with the screws so if somebody knows the standard setting for the screws if you screwed them in all the way that would be so helpful cause then I’ll be able to adjust them better from there

For future reference.

Stihl 025/MS250 (non-EPA models)

L: 1 full turn from all in (all closed)
H: 1 full turn from all in (all closed)

EPA models have a fixed H needle and as such only L adjustment is possible: 1 full turn from all in (all closed).

Chuck the 250, worst saw for starting I ever had. I replaced it with a 251c and am happy with it
. Temperamental, but always start it the same way. I do 4 pumps , 3 pulls at full choke and 1 off choke for the first start-up, then its usually one pull, but its a long cord.
I bought a 441 lol and bought a new carb for the 250 runs solid now and yeah it does start rough

Back