NEED HELP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianajack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
With stump grinder. Vermeer sc602 when cutter not engaged head will sweep side to side normal. When engaged will NOT sweep side to side. Can manipulate it turning key on and off but thinking it is the auto sweep swith which is located near the clutch engagement handle.
Does anyone know, without a manual, I can check to troubleshoot?

Any info/input appreciated!

THANKS

just unplug Autosweep, usually it's a little box wih 2 wires and 2 hoses connected to it.

Sorry I have to correct me, it's 3 wires and 4 hoses.

Sounds like a stuck Hydro valve - could be the electric solenoid that actuates the valve is bad or stuck. one step further would be the limit switches for either end of the sweep, my comments are based on experience with my snow plows and some of my machine tools electric over hydro controls. another thing that can cause trouble is corroded connections in the electrical system . I have seen conditions where a pin has disintegrated inside a connector. Also a broken wire inside the insulating jacket this can happen from vibration or repeated flexing. So now you have information overload. Get a service manual for your unit if available, they are invaluable tools. Also a simple volt/ohm meter.

Latest posts

Back