• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Need opinions on saw

Hounder2015

Hounder2015

ArboristSite Lurker
Ok guys I just need some opinions. There is a guy selling a Stihl ms310 about an HR from me. He is asking $190 for the saw. The only thing is the muffler got a hole in it, and melted a small hole in the top of the oil tank. He fixed the hole with epoxy. Saw runs great. I would be using it for cutting blowdowns and other things out of my way while hunting, along with occasionally cutting some firewood. Is $190 a good price for this saw? Is it a decent saw for what I described if be using it for?

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
You'll have a hard time convincing people on this site that it would be a good idea to buy a home owner saw. Most the regulars on here will only touch professional grade saws. With that said, if he will come down a little more I don't see it being a bad throw away saw.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
You'll have a hard time convincing people on this site that it would be a good idea to buy a home owner saw. Most the regulars on here will only touch professional grade saws. With that said, if he will come down a little more I don't see it being a bad throw away saw.
Thats because im a professional home owner . So i need a pro saw.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

ShneaSIG

ShneaSIG

ArboristSite Operative
What is everyone's thoughts on a brand ms391? 600 bucks brand new with a 25 inch bar
If it weren't for the current line of pro saws showing what modern saws can be, I wouldn't knock the 391. The pro-line counterpart, the 362, at only 12ish pounds and 4.7 hp, makes it hard to endorse the 391. I really put a premium on weight, and less is definitely more, especially if it will be your only saw.

Hounder2015

Hounder2015

ArboristSite Lurker
Well I ended up buying a new ms391 yesterday. I plan on still getting this husky 357xp going. So then I'll have the 391 Stihl and the husky 357 that is currently torn down awaiting a complete rebuild :)