Need piston and cyl for MS251C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtg143

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the MS250 and MS250C? Where is the best place to get the parts? Thanks, Bert

Which model do you exactly mean, the MS 250 or the MS 251? The engine parts of these two models are not interchangeable, because the 250 has a 2 stroke engine and the 251 has a stratified scavening 2 stroke engine.

If you have a MS 250 there are 2 possibilities of the piston and cylinder. To give you a concrete answer we need the exact model description, because 250C means comfort feature, like easy start etc. There are differences in the 250C models between piston and cylinder and different 250C versions.

Not a 250 or 250C. It's actually my brothers in Michigan but he gave me the Model # MS 251C Ser.#296475468.

Ok, thank you for that information. As I see, there was a revision on the MS 251 were a lot of parts were changed, also piston and cylinder. Depending on your serial number, you have the version before the revision was done. (Change was made at serial 297574503.) That means, you need the older version of the piston and cylinder. For your
MS 251 C BE-Z the part no. is 1143 020 1203. Please check my information again with your dealer, before you buy it. Things like that are sometimes hard to identify.

Any idea what could cause the scoring in the cylinder? He talked to a guy and he said it could be leaking air and overheated. Thank you for the information.

That can be possible. If the engine has a leak somewhere the mixture gets to lean, because more air comes in and the engine is getting hotter as normal. That can result in serious engine damage and a scored piston and cylinder. Also a carburetor out of tune (tuned to lean) can cause engine damage. Clogged fuel filters can cause the same or in combination with the other factors. If possible give the saw to a good dealer and mechanic for a check up and maybe if it is worth it, a rebuilt.

That can be possible. If the engine has a leak somewhere the mixture gets to lean, because more air comes in and the engine is getting hotter as normal. That can result in serious engine damage and a scored piston and cylinder. Also a carburetor out of tune (tuned to lean) can cause engine damage. Clogged fuel filters can cause the same or in combination with the other factors. If possible give the saw to a good dealer and mechanic for a check up and maybe if it is worth it, a rebuilt.

Good advise

Latest posts

Back