need poulan help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walt jr.

Reaction score
I have a poulan 2750. I know this is not the saw of choice for you pros. But it is all I have and it worked well for me. Problem is, after working great forever, it suddenly stoped. Starts easily, and runs great for a few minutes, get's warm, and stops. I have chainged the coil, and this did not fix the problem. I need help from someone who really knows what they are doing, because I dont. THANX

i got one of those. the darn thing got a piece fo me 2 years ago. i notices that it does not liek to get hot. i usuauly run a tank though it let it cool down while i run a tank through my other saw and then i go back to it. works great. it isw a good beater saw if you want one that someone ask you to lend to them. hell 130 bucks you can't go wrong. i have had great luck with mine. i thknk i got 100+ hours on mine.

Check your fuel line and impulse line{if it has one}
The impulse line is a weak spot on these Electrolux
saws. If you are not sure which one it is, you will see
2 rubber lines to the carb, one goes to the fuel tank,
the other behind the carb to the bottom of the
cylinder. It usualy gets a hole rubbed in it before
too long.

I owned 1 electro....,excuse me,Poulan saw and that was enough.The saw would start ok cold,but after getting hot and shutting off to refuel and oil it simply wouldn't start.I did spent some money trying to fix the problem at the saw shop where it was purchased new,but with no results.I only had this saw a few months,traded it on a new saw(best saw sence move I ever made)and was finally able to go to the field and get some work done.Time was around 1980.
This year I was in eastern Kentucky helping my brother in law build a new barn.We went to the local store to have a Ale 8 and bologna sandwich.A couple men walked in,said they had been cutting firewood.They had to quit because their saw would not start."What kind of saw are you cutting with?" we asked.They said"We've got a Poulan!"
Consider seriously cutting your loses on this saw and getting a better brand.

A Poulan is the only saw I've seen flying through the woods!

Last edited:
Back