Need some help with a pioneer p26 saw I have.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was curious as to wether an 18 yr old was starting a collection or building something to cut with. I have a young man that is my best friends son who uses an old Stihl to cut with, an 074 that I tuned up and brought back from the dead. He also runs a 394 Husky, there’s still those kind of kids out there keeping the old ways alive. I’m hoping this kids in that category.

Would be nice if. I started out one young fella here with a new P28 when he was only 13, then built him a SD112. He is now 22 and still cuts with them both, I get to tune them occasionally, make a new chain every couple of years. Not many will cut with the old stuff, most want the hottest saws just to start with.

I may be 18 but you can never start a collection too early. I've always been a fan of pioneers though. I just found a pioneer 450 about 4-5 months ago and that one is giving me a hard time.

Don`t give up, you have a lot of years ahead of you. Some of my saws have been 5-7 year projects.

Back