• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Need: Stihl 044 Clutch Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottnc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A search showed some for sale but along with vague source model info, the posting dates were all over the map aka; old - so starting afresh - I need a clutch cover for an 044 Stihl.

Comments as to the quality of AM clutch covers welcome, I've not used any so I have no idea if they're worth buying to save a few bucks.

Nothing wrong with an aftermarket clutch cover. I have a part number for stihl for a magnesium cover that will fit and is less then 30 bucks for oem one.

I'll look into an oem one then if that's all they cost. Thanks!
Its a hidden part number my dealer didn't even know it existed. If you tell dealer you want one for that saw it will be allmost 2x that. I will pm the number to you later when I'm home

Its a hidden part number my dealer didn't even know it existed. If you tell dealer you want one for that saw it will be all most 2x that. I will pm the number to you later when I'm home

Thanks but I lucked into a complete non-running 044 for free this morning!! Newer saw than mine with some minor differences in the shape of some of the plastic engine covers but the clutch cover is the same.

Back