Need tips for pully shredding on mobil dimensions sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are shredding a belt the sheaves ( pully) are out of alignment, bad bearing / bushing worn tilting sheave. A loose set screw on a shaft allowing sheave to jitter, will also waller out the key seat or worst case shear the key and jam up on the shaft typically not in proper alignment with its mate.

Read the hype on their saw, got to love Marketing-saying you can run the electric unit on a genny - 25 Hp motor plus a 15hp motor that's at least 70+ amps at 220v single phase- 15,400 watts+ ( just for the 15hp motor), about $20,000 worth of genny purchase ( a lightly used one ) I have 3 phase 15hp 220v unit here -35 amp draw. ( rule of thumb between single phase and 3 phase is double the amperage for single phase vs 3 phase). I would have to look up a 25hp unit. to find amp draw.

Read the hype on their saw, got to love Marketing-saying you can run the electric unit on a genny - 25 Hp motor plus a 15hp motor that's at least 70+ amps at 220v single phase- 15,400 watts+ ( just for the 15hp motor), about $20,000 worth of genny purchase ( a lightly used one ) I have 3 phase 15hp 220v unit here -35 amp draw. ( rule of thumb between single phase and 3 phase is double the amperage for single phase vs 3 phase). I would have to look up a 25hp unit. to find amp draw.
Doubtfull that anyone would be using the edger saw at the same time as the main saw. Its a diversified load

Wow. Thanks man.
Call the manufacturer in Troutdale, Ore, you’ll get a family member of the original builder of these units that can solve any problem you have. All parts are still available! I’m partners with 2 other guys on one of these and love operating this mill, it’s truly a workhorse that can kick out lumber at an astonishing rate!

We've had one since 1991. Great mill. We saw and edge almost every cut. It's designed to cut that way. Probably pulley out of alignment as blades said.

Back