Need to be Gettin' more out of my 390xp!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed my new 385 Xp and my older new 575 xp ran like crap new. It wasn’t till both saws hit around cutting ten cords of big wood at the saw mill is when they went to a whole new level. Maybe it needs some breakin time? These newer saws have tighter tolarences. In the end the 385 XP with a 32” bar and the 575 xp with a 28” bar the 385 kicked the 575 butt when both bars were buried in big wood.

I noticed my new 385 Xp and my older new 575 xp ran like crap new. It wasn’t till both saws hit around cutting ten cords of big wood at the saw mill is when they went to a whole new level. Maybe it needs some breakin time? These newer saws have tighter tolarences. In the end the 385 XP with a 32” bar and the 575 xp with a 28” bar the 385 kicked the 575 butt when both bars were buried in big wood.

Thanks Bill,
That's reassuring to hear mate. Maybe I just need to keep running her. I'm thinking I might chase up a ported muffler for it too - to keep me entertained in the meantime (especially considering we'll be locked down in Vic soon.) There's only so much Northern one can drink to kill time in the evenings!

Back