Need to remove a lot of trees from new 3.5 acre lot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy that likes to help me, he’s mid-eighties and I’m mid-sixties. Everyday we get a load on the truck and trailer as we’re headed home he says “Not a bad day for a couple old guys.” First time he said that I couldn’t figure out who he was talking about until I looked in the mirror and saw all my gray hair.

Brightest stars burn out the fastest.
But they are the brightest and shine above the others that go unnoticed.
If you want to be a self full filled prophecy, there’s nothing anybody can say or do that will change that. Personally, I want to be around to see all my grandchildren get married and raise or start to raise their family. Your results obviously may vary. I hold nothing against you for not thinking the way I do, just think it’s such a waste of your future. Watching my kids and grandkids grow up into full blown adults has been the highlight of my life so far, nothing else compares.

If you want to be a self full filled prophecy, there’s nothing anybody can say or do that will change that. Personally, I want to be around to see all my grandchildren get married and raise or start to raise their family. Your results obviously may vary. I hold nothing against you for not thinking the way I do, just think it’s such a waste of your future. Watching my kids and grandkids grow up into full blow adults has been the highlight of my life so far, nothing else compares.
Pretty much the first minute but the whole video...

Since this turned into an 'old farts' session after resurrection:

Posted this over a decade ago when neighbor was 82 or 83 YO, he died 2 years ago at 94 YO.
He wanted to cut down one more 4 ft DBH tree, did a pretty good job.

He was a professional logger in the late 40s and the 50s, then ran the county parks maintenance department till retirement.

upload_2019-11-8_16-20-56.png

Have a couple of grandkids in the 20s, one married yet. Wonder if the GGkids will like to hack down trees like the GKs did.
Have one more 4 ft black cottonwood in the back, maybe let the 18 YO grandson (already bought his own chainsaw!) drop it next summer.

Since this turned into an 'old farts' session after resurrection:

Posted this over a decade ago when neighbor was 82 or 83 YO, he died 2 years ago at 94 YO.
He wanted to cut down one more 4 ft DBH tree, did a pretty good job.

He was a professional logger in the late 40s and the 50s, then ran the county parks maintenance department till retirement.

View attachment 771455

Have a couple of grandkids in the 20s, one married yet. Wonder if the GGkids will like to hack down trees like the GKs did.
Have one more 4 ft black cottonwood in the back, maybe let the 18 YO grandson (already bought his own chainsaw!) drop it next summer.
Too bad about the neighbor.
Guy I delivered firewood to died this summer, he was a logger in that timeframe as well, he also went on to work with our little municipality. I still deliver wood to his wife, last time I was there she said he started off here in town at $26 a week. He was a great guy, we talked a good bit about his logging days.

Cool about the grandson, that would be awesome if he got to drop it.

Latest posts

Back