Needed an ATV Log trailer...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I should clarify a thing or two. The 2000lbs thing. I like to over build things. For instance I probably could have done this job with our polar trailer which buy the way is rated for 1500lbs (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311375_200311375) But I dont think it would have stood up to what I needed and also didnt have had the features I wanted.

Will this trailer ever have 2000lbs on it? Who knows, but if it does I know it should handle it with NO problem. I am limited in the amount of wood I can put on it anyway because of the design.

I used what I had and for that alone I am grateful.

The place I am using this trailer at this time is reletively flat and should not be any issue with stability. Also the only down hill will be on pavement when the trailer is loaded and in the woods when the trailer is empty going back to the logs.

As you can see, its pretty flat.

tree damage.jpg

I feel like I should clarify a thing or two. The 2000lbs thing. I like to over build things. For instance I probably could have done this job with our polar trailer which buy the way is rated for 1500lbs (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311375_200311375) But I dont think it would have stood up to what I needed and also didnt have had the features I wanted.

Will this trailer ever have 2000lbs on it? Who knows, but if it does I know it should handle it with NO problem. I am limited in the amount of wood I can put on it anyway because of the design.

I used what I had and for that alone I am grateful.

The place I am using this trailer at this time is reletively flat and should not be any issue with stability. Also the only down hill will be on pavement when the trailer is loaded and in the woods when the trailer is empty going back to the logs.

As you can see, its pretty flat.

View attachment 342162
You do have a lot of down trees there to clean up. This tool should certainly help. I like it-nice work.

lift off log trailer, cut next to splitter, split into dump trailer, deliver....the good life....20140412_142200.jpg

Latest posts

Back